Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside taste these delicious lentil patties. They are made of pardina lentils, have a firm-to-the-bite consistency and are vegan. Plus, you can make these lentil fritters yourself quickly and easily with just a few ingredients. They’re perfect for lunch with a side dish or salad, as a snack in between meals, or as an appetizer. You can find a detailed vegan lentil patties recipe with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions right below.
Firm to the bite and juicy, with a hearty flavor thanks to pardina lentils
Vegetarian patties usually have a soft texture. This is not the case with these lentil patties. They are firm to the bite and juicy at the same time. Moreover, they have a really crispy top layer. This is provided by pardina lentils, which I used for the recipe. These are small lentils with a gray-brown skin, yellow interior and hearty aroma. They are particularly stable in cooking and therefore do not fall apart when boiling or frying. In addition, I made the fritters of raw pardina lentils, which were previously soaked only in water. This also ensures their firm structure. You don’t have to be afraid of eating raw lentils in the process, though. Because the patties are carefully fried through before you can enjoy them.
Of course, you can use a different type of lentils for the recipe. For example, I’ve made vegan lentil patties of mountain lentils before. By the way, pardina lentils are also my secret tip for the vegan pelmeni. Give it a try!
Why soak pardina lentils?
Pardina lentils are lentils that should not be soaked before cooking. You can read that on their packaging. However, for this lentil fritters recipe, you need to soak them in water for about 8 hours or preferably overnight. This ensures that the lentils then get a good malleable consistency after pureeing, so you can make fritters out of them without any problems. In addition, the soaked pardina lentils make the vegan patties really juicy after frying.
Lentil fritters vegan, healthy, filling
These lentil patties come without egg and other animal products. The fact that the raw vegan lentil mixture is sticky and stable, so that the fritters do not fall apart when formed, is due to the cooked rice in addition to the soaked pardina lentils. It is best to cook the rice the day before. Then it won’t contain excess liquid the next day and, if you use round grain rice, it will be sticky, which is just right for the lentil fritters recipe.
Not only are the lentil patties vegan and incredibly delicious, they are healthy to boot. Because, like all other types of lentils, pardina lentils contain many vitamins and minerals. They are rich in iron, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin B1 and protein. The fiber contained in lentils also provides long-lasting satiety.
How to serve vegan lentil patties?
Served with a side dish and a vegetable salad, vegan lentil fritters are an ideal hot meal for lunch or dinner. I love them with mashed potatoes and tomato sauce on the side. You can still serve the fritters with pasta, rice, buckwheat or couscous. They are also delicious cold. This makes the lentil patties perfect as a snack in between meals, as an appetizer and to take with you on the go.
Don’t forget: spice really well
Like all other vegan patties, you should also spice these lentil fritters well. You can use spices and dried herbs of your choice. However, you should not try the raw lentil mixture because raw lentils contain toxins. I seasoned the vegan lentil patties with nutmeg, black pepper and salt.
These lentil patties are
- firm to the bite,
- with a crispy top layer,
- vegan – without egg and other animal products,
- delicious hot and cold,
- easy and quick to make,
- versatile to serve.
Vegan lentil patties recipe
The vegan lentil fritters recipe is very simple and comes with a few ingredients. The day before you should just soak the lentils already and preferably cook the rice as well. Here you can get a rough idea of how the preparation goes and what you need for it. The exact quantities and step-by-step instructions for making the lentil patties of pardina lentils can be found in the recipe box below.
For the lentil fritters vegan you need
- pardina lentils – soaked overnight in water,
- cooked rice – preferably round grain rice,
- onion and garlic,
- nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste
- and vegetable oil for frying.
How to make vegan lentil patties: here’s how (Check out the detailed recipe at the bottom.)
- Drain the soaked pardina lentils and puree them. Then add onion and garlic and puree again. Then add rice, mix and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Form flat patties from the lentil-rice mixture and fry them in vegetable oil until golden brown on both sides. Done!
How to make lentil fritters vegan: tips and tricks
- It’s best to use a sticky type of rice for the recipe, not a loose one. This makes round grain rice well suited for it.
- Cook rice preferably the day before and store it in the refrigerator.
- Drain pardina lentils well after soaking.
- Instead of pardina lentils, you can use another type of lentils for the recipe.
- You can add spices and herbs of your choice to the lentil fritters.
- Be sure to fry the lentil patties over low to medium heat for about 8-10 minutes on each side so they don’t burn and are well-done on the inside. You can shape them thinner than I did so they will fry through faster.
Did you make the lentil patties of pardina lentils using this recipe? I look forward to hearing your results, your star rating, and your comment below here on how you liked and succeeded in making the lentil fritters vegan.
Got an appetite for more delicious vegan patties? Try also:
Lentil patties / lentil fritters vegan (with pardina lentils)
- 200 g pardina lentils (soaked overnight in plenty of cold water)
- 150 g cooked rice
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- a little nutmeg
- vegetable oil for frying
- Thoroughly drain the pardina lentils soaked overnight in water and finely puree them.
- Add garlic and onion cut into pieces and puree the lentil mixture again.
- Add cooked rice and mix it to a homogeneous, solid mass, seasoning it with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add some vegetable oil to the pan and heat it. Fry the lentil patties in it over low to medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- It is best to use a sticky type of rice and not a loose one. Round grain rice is good for this.
- It is best to cook rice the day before and store in the refrigerator.
- You can add any spices and herbs to the lentil fritters.
- Be sure to fry the lentil patties over low to medium heat for about 8-10 minutes on each side so they don't burn and are well-done on the inside.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the vegan lentil patties at the top of the post.