Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Fluffy, moist and incredibly delicious taste these banana muffins. In addition, they are very aromatic and lightning fast to make with a few ingredients. The pastry is ideal for dessert with a cup of coffee or tea, for snacking in between, to take away or even for a party. A detailed banana muffins recipe with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions can be found here at the bottom.
Which bananas are suitable for the recipe?
For the banana muffins recipe you need ripe or overripe bananas. They must have brown spots or be completely brown. Green or yellow bananas are not suitable for the recipe because they have a different texture and flavor than ripe bananas. So if you have a lot of overripe bananas at home that no one wants to eat anymore, you shouldn’t throw them away. You can use them to make these delicious muffins.
To make these muffins you need only about 10 minutes. You just need to mix all the ingredients one by one to make the batter, and then spread it on the muffin baking pan. Then you need to bake the muffins with bananas in the oven for about 20 minutes. And they are ready and can be snacked.
Fluffy moist consistency
The banana muffins are especially delicious because they are both fluffy and moist. So if you love muffins with a texture like this, you should definitely try these. I’m sure you and your loved ones will be delighted with this pastry. Kids love it too. But if you’re more into healthy banana muffins that taste moist and nutty, with no industrial sugar and no wheat flour, then my vegan banana muffins are perfect for you.
These banana muffins are
- very tasty,
- easy and quick to make with a few ordinary ingredients,
- perfect for dessert with coffee, tea, snacking, take away or for a party,
- ideal way to use overripe bananas.
Banana muffins recipe
These banana muffins are lightning fast to make. The recipe is very easy, and you only need a few common ingredients for it that you probably already have at home. Here you can get a rough idea of how the making of the muffins goes, and what you need for it. As always, you can find the exact quantities and step-by-step instructions for making the banana muffins here below in the box recipe.
For the banana muffins recipe you need bananas, of course. They must be very ripe. It won’t work with green bananas. Then you need softened butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and vanilla. First, beat butter with sugar and vanilla for a few minutes. Then add mashed bananas with a fork and mix. Now add eggs and mix again. At the end, stir in flour and baking powder, divide the batter among the muffin cups and put them in the oven to bake. Done!
How to make banana muffins: tips and tricks
- Use very ripe or overripe bananas that have brown spots or are completely brown. Yellow or green bananas are not suitable for this purpose.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar given in the recipe according to your taste.
- It is important to mix the dough only briefly and not too long after adding flour to the other ingredients. It is enough to mix the ingredients briefly to a homogeneous mass. If you stir too long, your muffins with bananas might end up tasting rubbery, firm and not fluffy.
- To bake the banana muffins, you’ll need a muffin baking pan.
- If you’re not using a silicone muffin tin and don’t want to line the muffin baking cups with muffin paper baking cups, be sure to thoroughly grease and flour the baking pan so you can easily remove the muffins from the pan after baking.
- Use a toothpick to check if the banana muffins are done baking. To do this, insert a toothpick briefly into the center of one of the muffins and see if it comes out almost clean. If the toothpick remains smeared in raw batter, you still need to bake the muffins. If only a few moist crumbs remain on the toothpick, the muffins with bananas are done. If the toothpick comes out dry, it could be that you baked them too long, so they might taste firm.
- Store the banana muffins in an airtight container, such as a lunch box, in the refrigerator. They will keep for about 5 days.
Did you make these fluffy banana muffins according to the recipe? I look forward to your result, your star rating and your comment on the recipe below, how you have succeeded and tasted the pastry.
Banana muffins recipe
- muffin baking pan
- 3 ripe bananas
- 100 g butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 120 g sugar
- 250 g flour
- 10 g baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- butter to grease the baking pan
- flour for dusting the baking pan
- Grease the muffin pan with butter and dust with flour, tapping off the excess flour.
- Beat softened butter, sugar, vanilla and salt for about 3 - 4 minutes until fluffy and white.
- Mash bananas with a fork, add them to the butter-sugar mixture and beat briefly until homogeneous.
- Add eggs and beat again briefly until homogeneous.
- Mix flour with baking powder, add it to the banana mixture and mix it briefly and quickly to a homogeneous viscous dough.
- Fill the muffin pan about 2/3 full with the batter and bake the banana muffins in a preheated oven at 180 °C top and bottom heat for about 20 minutes.
- Use very ripe or overripe bananas that have brown spots or are completely brown.
- The amount of sugar can be adjusted to taste.
- Stir the batter only briefly and not too long after adding flour to the other ingredients. It is enough to mix the ingredients briefly until they form a homogeneous mass.
- Use a toothpick to check if the banana muffins are baked.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the fluffy banana muffins at the top of the post.