Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Juicy zucchini slices with spicy feta and aromatic spring onions are hidden in this pretty casserole with the golden crispy top layer. But oven-baked zucchini aren’t just delicious and an eye-catcher on the dinner table.
You can also make them yourself quickly and easily with just a few ingredients. Whether it’s for a summer party with friends or a weeknight dinner with the family, baked zucchini with feta is guaranteed to please even the most stubborn vegetable refusers. You can find a detailed vegetarian recipe for baked zucchini with feta, with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions, right here at the bottom.
Vegetarian baked zucchini – for all zucchini lovers
If you like zucchini and like to make different dishes with it, then this recipe is just right for you. Because zucchini with feta baked in the oven are simply irresistibly delicious.
They taste so juicy, fruity and tender. The top layer is crispy and rounds off the taste of the zucchini dish.
Besides, it is very easy and quick to make. So you can conjure up the dish on the dining table even if you have little time to cook or do not want to stand too long in the kitchen.
Ideal dish for zucchini season
From mid-summer to autumn zucchini is in season. Of course, you want to take advantage of it and cook something delicious from the vegetable. Sometimes the simplest dishes are the best. At least that’s the case with these gratinated zucchini with feta.
Although the dish consists of few ordinary ingredients, it tastes delicious. Fresh zucchini slices, feta and spring onions combine perfectly to create a special taste experience.
And because the baked zucchini with feta cheese tastes so light and fruity, it’s the perfect meal for warm summer days, too. You can make the zucchini dish in no time at all and don’t have to stand by the stove for long in the heat.
Convince even vegetable refusers
With this oven baked zucchini, you’re guaranteed to win over even those who don’t usually like vegetables. Even those who don’t like zucchini might change their minds about the vegetable after trying the dish.
This is because by baking it in the oven, zucchini becomes very juicy and so tender that it melts in your mouth. At the same time feta perfectly combines with the vegetables and makes the dish perfect.
Gratinated zucchini slices – quick, healthy, delicious
Are you looking for a quick and easy recipe for a healthy, delicious meal – whether for lunch or dinner? Try this zucchini with feta!
The dish contains a lot of vegetables, as it’s mostly zucchini. It’s also very tasty – juicy zucchini slices with feta and a crunchy top layer of zucchini and feta cheese.
The other advantage of this dish is that you can quickly make it yourself from a few common ingredients.
All you have to do is cut zucchini and spring onions, spread them in a baking dish, pour a mixture of eggs and feta over them and put them in the oven. Then wait for the zucchini slices to bake and get a golden top layer. And you’ll have a delicious and healthy meal on the table.
How to serve and store zucchini baked with feta cheese
Serve the zucchini with feta from the oven warm. They taste best fresh, right after preparation. You can serve the baked zucchini as a main dish for lunch or dinner. They also taste delicious as a side dish, for example with vegetarian meatballs.
Moreover, with its layers of zucchini slices and golden top layer, the dish is an eye-catcher on the dining table, so you can serve it at a summer party, for example.
Store leftover baked zucchini in an airtight container, such as a lunch box, in the refrigerator. They will keep for about 3 days.
Before serving, you can briefly reheat the zucchini slices in the oven. However, make sure that they do not burn.
This zucchini dish is
- very tasty,
- with crispy top layer,
- with lots of vegetables,
- with feta,
- baked in the oven,
- ideal for lunch or dinner,
- perfect for a summer party,
- easy and quick to make from common ingredients.
Baked zucchini with feta: the recipe
You can find the exact quantities and step-by-step instructions to make the vegetarian baked zucchini with feta in the box recipe below.
For the recipe you need only a few common ingredients that you may already have at home. The preparation is quite fast. For the zucchini with feta in the oven you need
- zucchini, of course – you need to cut it into thin slices,
- spring onions – cut them into small pieces,
- vegetable oil
- and salt and pepper for seasoning.
Zucchini gratinated with feta: this is how it works
- Spread finely chopped spring onions on the bottom of the baking dish. Spread zucchini slices on top in layers, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs until foamy and mix with crushed feta.
- Cover the zucchini slices first with the feta-egg mixture, then evenly with vegetable oil, and bake at 180 °C for about 50 minutes. Ready are gratinated zucchini slices with feta cheese!
Zucchini with feta in the oven: with these tips and tricks you will succeed perfectly
- Do not cut zucchini too thick. Otherwise, the zucchini slices won’t cook as quickly on the inside, and the top layer will burn if you overcook them too long.
- I seasoned the zucchini slices only with salt and black pepper. However, you can use other spices to your taste.
- I prepared the dish in an oval casserole dish measuring about 35 x 25 cm.
- Store the leftovers from the dish in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for about 3 days. You can reheat it briefly in the oven before serving.
Have you made oven baked zucchini using this recipe? I look forward to your results, your star rating, and your comment on the recipe below about how you liked and enjoyed the dish.
Baked zucchini vegetarian / Courgettes with feta in the oven
- oval casserole dish measuring approx. 35 x 25 cm
- 1 kg zucchini
- 200 g feta
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 4 spring onions
- Chop spring onions and spread them evenly on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cut zucchini into thin slices and spread them in layers on the spring onions, seasoning each layer of zucchini with salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs until foamy, mash feta with a fork and add to eggs.
- Pour the feta and egg mixture evenly over the zucchini slices in the baking dish.
- Then baste them evenly with vegetable oil.
- Bake the zucchini in a preheated oven at 180 °C top and bottom heat for about 50 minutes.
- Cut zucchini not too thick, so that they cook faster.
- Possibly use any spices to taste.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the gratinated zucchini slices with feta at the top of the post.