Stewed cabbage / braised white cabbage
Whether served with a side dish, with bread or on its own – the braised white cabbage tastes delicious, fills you up and is healthy. It is spicy, juicy and tender. You can make the stewed white cabbage according to this recipe easily and quickly with a few common ingredients. The dish does not contain animal products and is therefore vegan.
- 700 g white cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1 bell bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 150 ml tomato juice
- vegetable oil for frying
Cut white cabbage into thin strips, dice bell bell pepper, chop onion and grate carrots coarsely.
Put onion in a large frying pan with plenty of vegetable oil and fry until translucent.
Add white cabbage, carrots, bell bell pepper, and tomato juice to onion in the pan, stir, and steam with pot lid on over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 35 minutes, seasoning with salt and bell pepper.
- You can omit the carrots and peppers or use other vegetables instead.
- You can season the stewed cabbage with any herbs and spices.
- You can adjust the amount of tomato juice, depending on how acidic you like the braised white cabbage.
- The cooking time depends on how soft you want the vegetables.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the stewed cabbage at the top of the post.