Flourless chocolate cake
This delicious chocolate cake tastes heavenly moist and chocolaty. It comes completely without flour and is therefore gluten-free. In addition, you need only four ingredients for the flourless chocolate cake recipe to make the cake quickly at home. It is ideal as a dessert during the week or nicely decorated for a party.
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 125 g butter
- 5 eggs
- 120 g powdered sugar
- vanilla (alternative)
- butter to grease the baking pan
for the decorating (alternative)
- fresh raspberries
- peppermint leaves
- cocoa powder
- powdered sugar
Line the bottom of the springform pan with baking paper and grease the rim with butter.
Slowly melt dark chocolate together with butter and let it cool a bit.
Separate egg yolks from egg whites.
Beat egg yolks with vanilla until fluffy and light.
Add the liquid chocolate-butter mixture and mix until homogeneous.
Beat egg whites with powdered sugar until stiff.
Fold the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture to make an airy batter.
Pour the batter into the springform pan, smooth it out and bake the chocolate cake in a preheated oven at 170 °C top and bottom heat for about 40 minutes.
Let the flourless chocolate cake cool a bit in the baking pan, then take it out of the pan and let it cool completely.
Decorating the flourless chocolate cake (alternative)
Turn the chocolate cake with the bottom up and cut it into pieces.
Sprinkle half of the cake pieces with cocoa powder, the other half with powdered sugar and place the white and dark pieces alternately in the shape of a cake on a flat plate.
Decorate each cake piece with fresh raspberries and mint leaves.
- Use good quality dark chocolate. You can use milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate.
- Adjust the amount of powdered sugar to taste, also depending on how sweet the chocolate is.
- Vanilla options include vanilla sugar, vanilla powder, vanilla extract or vanilla bean scraped out. However, you can also simply omit vanilla.
- Do not bake the flourless chocolate cake longer than necessary or it may taste dry instead of moist. Do a chopstick test to check if it is done baking.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the flourless chocolate cake at the top of the post.