Chocolate cake with buckwheat flour vegan
Very chocolaty, slightly nutty and heavenly moist tastes this pound cake. Its secret ingredient is buckwheat flour, which gives it a unique flavor note. The chocolate cake is vegan and very quick to make with few ingredients according to the recipe. It is perfect for dessert with a cup of coffee or tea.
- 50 g buckwheat flour
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 190 g brown raw cane sugar
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 280 ml water
- 160 g wheat flour
- 7 g baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
Line the baking pan with baking paper.
Mix buckwheat flour, cocoa powder, brown raw cane sugar, wheat flour, baking powder and salt.
Mix vegetable oil, water and vanilla.
Add the liquid vegetable oil and water mixture to the dry flour mixture and mix just briefly to form a thick dough.
Pour the dough into the baking pan and bake the cake in a preheated oven at 180 °C top and bottom heat for about 35 minutes.
Let the vegan chocolate cake cool down a bit in the baking pan first, then take it out and let it cool down completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar for the dough according to your taste.
- Do not stir the dough too long, but only briefly until a homogeneous consistency. Otherwise, your vegan chocolate buckwheat cake might taste firm instead of soft after baking.
- Do not bake the cake longer than necessary, otherwise it might taste dry and not moist. To check if the pound cake is done baking, do a chopstick test.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the chocolate cake with buckwheat flour vegan at the top of the post.