How to make chocolate (chocolate recipe)
How to make chocolate at home – isn't that what all those with a sweet tooth ask? By the way, this recipe makes it very easy with only three main ingredients. You can refine the homemade chocolate as you like and thus create the most delicious chocolate in the world for you. It's also healthier than supermarket chocolate, because you decide which ingredients you use to make it, and you can reduce the amount of sugar or completely eliminate sugar and unnecessary additives.
Servings 210 g
- 100 g cocoa butter
- 70 g cocoa powder
- 40 g powdered sugar
- nuts, coconut chips, dried fruit, cookies, spices, etc. (optional)
Melt cocoa butter slowly over low heat in a water bath.
Take the bowl with the melted cocoa butter out of the water bath, add cocoa powder and mix it to a homogeneous mass.
Add powdered sugar and optionally any spices, like vanilla, and stir it until you get a creamy mass without lumps.
Pour the chocolate mixture into a suitable silicone chocolate mold or a baking pan lined with baking paper.
Optionally, top the chocolate mixture with nuts, dried fruit, coconut chips, depending on your taste, first let it set a bit at room temperature and then put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes more until it sets completely.
- Use only baking cocoa without sugar and not drinking cocoa.
- You can adjust the amount of powdered sugar to taste.
- Instead of powdered sugar, you can use agave syrup or maple syrup as sweeteners. It is best not to use ordinary granulated sugar, because even when melted together with cocoa butter, it does not dissolve completely and combines poorly with the other ingredients.
- Depending on how thick the chocolate bars are, they may need more or less time to set.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making chocolate at the top of the post.