Potato zrazy with mushrooms vegan (kartoplaniki / kartoflaniki)
Crispy top layer, tender potato dough and spicy filling – you definitely can't resist the potato zrazy once you try them. They are stuffed with mushrooms, vegan and incredibly delicious. The potato zrazy are perfect as a main meal for lunch, dinner or as a snack in between. You can quickly make them yourself with this zrazy recipe.
Servings 10 pieces
- 700 g potatoes (peeled)
- 100 g carrots (cleaned)
- approx. 45 g flour
- flour for the work surface
- vegetable oil for frying
for the filling
- 250 g mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- vegetable oil for frying
Put potatoes and carrots together in a saucepan with water and cook them until they are done.
Drain the water and leave the vegetables in the saucepan on the hot stove for a short time so that the remaining liquid evaporates. Then puree it, season it with salt and pepper and let the potato-carrot puree cool down.
Preparation of the filling
Finely chop onion and garlic, cut mushrooms into small cubes.
Fry onion and garlic in a pan in vegetable oil until translucent.
Add mushrooms and stir-fry over high heat for about 5 minutes until liquid is first formed and then evaporates. Season the mushroom filling with salt and pepper.
Preparation of the zrazy
Flour the work surface and your hands. Put some of the potato dough on the work surface and press it flat, making a not too deep hollow in the middle. Put some of the mushroom filling into the hollow and press the sides of the potato dough together towards the top. Now press the filled dough slightly flat. Repeat until the potato dough and filling are used up.
Put some vegetable oil in the frying pan and heat it. Fry the stuffed potato patties in it over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Cut potatoes and carrots into small pieces before cooking, if necessary, to make them cook faster.
- You can omit carrots and just use more potatoes instead.
- You can season both the potato dough and the mushroom filling with any spices you like.
- The best potato zrazy will turn out if you do not use too much flour for the potato dough. Therefore, use floury boiling potatoes, directly after boiling and draining the water, steam the potatoes and carrots briefly on the hot stove and then let the mashed potatoes and carrots cool down.
- The amount of flour indicated may vary. Therefore, add the flour in portions to the potato-carrot mixture until the dough acquires a sticky and soft consistency.
- Do not overdo it with the flour, even when rolling the potato patties and your hands in it.
- Since the potato zrazy are very tender, fry them in the pan with enough distance from each other and turn carefully.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the potato zrazy with mushrooms at the top of the post.