Vegan tangerine orange carrot cake
Fruity, moist, creamy and fluffy at the same time tastes the delicious tangerine orange carrot cake. Moreover, it is vegan and quick to make according to this recipe. The carrot cake with mandarin orange cream is perfect for Easter. But it also tastes delicious all year round.
for the dough
- 380 g carrots (cleaned)
- 180 g sugar
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- approx. 250 g flour
- 12 g baking powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
for the cream
- 180 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 180 ml freshly squeezed tangerine juice
- 50 g sugar
- 50 g soft wheat semolina
Preparation of the dough
Finely grate carrots and put them in a mixing bowl.
Add sugar, vegetable oil, nutmeg and salt and mix.
Mix flour with baking powder, add it in batches to the carrot mixture and mix it quickly and briefly to form a viscous dough.
Spread the dough evenly on a baking tray lined with baking paper, bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C top and bottom heat for about 15 minutes and let the cake base cool down.
Preparation of the cream
Put orange juice, tangerine juice, sugar and soft wheat semolina in a small saucepan, bring to the boil while stirring constantly and then continue to boil while stirring for about 3 minutes until the mixture has thickened.
Remove the orange and tangerine mixture from the heat and, while it is still hot, whip it for about 8 - 10 minutes until it becomes a fluffy, light cream.
Preparation of the cake
Cut off about 0.5 - 1 cm wide edge from each side of the cake base and crumble it. Then cut the cake base into four rectangles of the same size.
Spread all four cake layers with the cream and stack them on top of each other. Spread the sides of the cake with the remaining cream as well.
Sprinkle the top and sides of the cake with the crumbs and chill for at least 2 hours.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar for the dough and the cream to taste.
- The amount of flour given may vary. Therefore, add the mixture of flour and baking powder to the other ingredients in batches until the dough acquires a viscous consistency.
- Do not mix the dough for too long, but only briefly and quickly until it is homogeneous. Otherwise, the cake base might taste firm and not fluffy after baking.
- Do not bake the cake base longer than necessary or it could taste dry. Use a wooden skewer to check if it is done baking.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the vegan tangerine orange carrot cake at the top of the post.