Kidney bean fritters / kidney bean patties vegan
Spicy, moist and so delicious taste these kidney bean fritters. They are also vegan, healthy and filling. You can serve the kidney bean patties in many ways, for example with a side dish for lunch, on bread as a snack between meals or in a vegetarian burger. They are easy and quick to make with a few common ingredients according to the recipe.
Servings 10 pieces
- 510 g pickled kidney beans (drained weight)
- 300 g potatoes
- approx. 90 g oat flakes
- 1 small onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- some fresh parsley
- some fresh coriander
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 pinch chili powder
- vegetable oil for frying
Peel potatoes, boil them, mash them and let the mashed potatoes cool completely so that they become firm.
Drain kidney beans thoroughly.
Grind oatmeal finely.
Chop onion, garlic, parsley and cilantro.
Coarsely mash drained kidney beans with a fork.
Add the mashed potatoes, ground oats, chopped onion, garlic, parsley and cilantro to the kidney beans and knead into a firm mixture, seasoning with paprika, turmeric powder, chili powder, salt and pepper.
Form flat fritters from the kidney bean mixture.
Add some vegetable oil to the pan and heat it. Fry the kidney bean fritters in it over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Do not rinse kidney beans.
- The mashed potatoes can be cooked the day before.
- Adjust amount of garlic to taste.
- Use any spices and herbs of choice.
- If the kidney bean mixture is too dry, add a very small amount of kidney bean water to it. If it is too soft, add a little more ground oats.
- The time to cool the mashed potatoes and drain the kidney beans is not included in the preparation time.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the vegan kidney bean fritters at the top of the post.