Marzipan potatoes recipe
The sweet classic, without which one can hardly imagine the Advent season in Germany, are marzipan potatoes. Of course, they taste best when they are homemade. According to this recipe, you can make the most delicious marzipan potatoes yourself. They have a nutty-sweet flavor, delicate aroma and are very easy to make. Beautifully packaged, the marzipan balls are also a nice Christmas gift from the kitchen.
Servings 20 pieces
- 200 g marzipan raw paste
- 20 g powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- vanilla paste (alternative)
- powdered sugar for the work surface
Sift powdered sugar and knead it with marzipan raw paste and vanilla.
Form 20 approx. Ø 1.5 - 2 cm balls from the marzipan mixture, rolling your hands in powdered sugar beforehand if necessary.
Roll the marzipan balls in cocoa powder, then put them one after the other into a sieve and sieve off the excess cocoa powder. Then roll each ball with your hands so that it gets a lighter color.
- Use good quality marzipan raw paste.
- You can refine the sweet balls with cinnamon, lemon zest, rum, etc (see my notes for this here above).
- You can adjust the amount of powdered sugar to taste. If liquid, like rum, is added to the marzipan mixture, you may need more powdered sugar to keep the mixture from being too sticky.
- You can also roll the marzipan balls in cocoa powder mixed with cinnamon.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making marzipan potatoes at the top of the post.