Apple crumble pizza vegan
Fluffy yeast dough, moist fruity apple filling, crunchy crumbles and aromatic cinnamon – this apple crumble pizza tastes incredibly delicious and is vegan to boot. For the recipe, which is very easy, you need only a few ingredients. So you can quickly make the delicious apple crumble pizza. It tastes best still warm directly from the oven. Served with vanilla ice cream, it is a real treat.
for the yeast dough
- 320 ml vegetable milk
- 120 g vegan margarine
- 100 g sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 26 g fresh yeast
- approx. 600 g flour
for the crumble
- 150 g vegan margarine (cold)
- 100 g sugar
- 240 g flour
for the filling
- 5 - 6 apples (medium size)
- approx. 60 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- approx. 30 g brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Preparation of the yeast dough
Add margarine to vegetable milk and heat it until the margarine is melted. Then let the liquid cool until it is lukewarm, and then dissolve fresh yeast in it.
Mix flour, sugar and salt.
Add the liquid mixture with yeast to the dry flour mixture and knead it into a soft dough. Then knead the dough for about 8 minutes to make it elastic and let it rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes. It's best to use a little less flour at first so the dough doesn't get too firm, and add the rest as needed during kneading if the dough is too runny.
Preparation of the crumble
Preparation of the apple filling
Shaping apple crumble pizza
Divide the yeast dough into 16 equal pieces, roll each piece into a circle about 0.5 cm thick and spread all the circles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving some space between individual dough circles.
Place several apple slices in the center of each dough circle and sprinkle the dough circles with the crumble.
Mix brown sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle on apple crumble and bake in preheated oven at 200 °C for about 15 minutes.
- Instead of apples, you can use other fruits, such as pears, apricots, plums, damsons or any berries.
- You can omit the sprinkling of brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Instead of fresh yeast you can use dry yeast. For the recipe you will need 9 g of dry yeast. You don't need to dissolve it in vegetable milk with margarine, just mix it with flour, sugar and salt.
- It is important that the liquid from the vegetable milk and margarine is lukewarm.
- First take a little less flour for the yeast dough and add the rest as needed during kneading.
- It is important to knead the dough for 8 - 10 minutes.
- It is important to let the dough rise in a warm place.
- For the crumbles it is important that the margarine is cold.
- For sprinkling you can also use normal sugar instead of brown.
- Sprinkle the apple slices with lemon juice to prevent them from darkening.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making vegan apple crumble pizza at the top of the post.