Coconut cake vegan
Heavenly moist, fluffy, soft, aromatic and so delicious is vegan coconut cake with coconut milk. Decorated with sugar icing and coconut flakes, it is also an eye-catcher in white on the dining table. You can make the coconut sponge cake in a flash. For this recipe you need only a few ingredients.
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 50 g shredded coconut
- 150 g sugar
- 300 g flour
- 10 g baking powder
- vegan margarine to grease the baking pan
- flour for dusting the baking pan
for the powdered sugar icing
- 100 g powdered sugar
- approx. 15 ml lemon juice
Grease the loaf pan with vegan margarine and dust with flour, tapping off the excess flour.
Mix flour, sugar, shredded coconut and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
Add coconut milk (you can heat it briefly in a water bath to get a homogeneous consistency) and vanilla and mix briefly to a thick batter. (Follow my tips and tricks for this here at the top of the post).
Pour the batter into the greased and floured loaf pan and bake the cake in a preheated oven at 170 °C top and bottom heat for about 45 minutes. Let it cool to warm in the baking pan, then take it out of the pan and let it cool to room temperature.
Preparation of the powdered sugar icing
Decorating the coconut cake
- The amount of sugar for the cake can be adjusted to taste.
- Do not mix the batter for too long in any case, but only briefly until it reaches a homogeneous consistency.
- Be sure to thoroughly grease and flour the baking pan so that the cake can be removed from the pan after baking.
- Do not bake the vegan coconut cake for too long. To check if it is done baking, do a chopstick test.
- The time to cool the cake is not included in the preparation time.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making vegan coconut cake at the top of the post.