Sheet cake with yogurt and berries
Light, moist, fruity, summery and just incredibly delicious tastes this sheet cake with yogurt and berries. Delicate shortcrust pastry, fluffy yogurt cream and fresh berries combine perfectly to create an irresistibly delicious taste experience. What's more, you can make the crumble cake from the tray yourself in a flash using this recipe.
for the dough
- 125 g butter (cold)
- 125 g sugar
- 250 g flour
- 8 g vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
for the yogurt cream
- 270 g natural yogurt
- 80 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 25 g cornstarch
for the filling
- 80 g strawberries
- 80 g raspberries
- 80 g blueberries or black currants
Making of the dough
Mix flour, sugar, salt and vanilla sugar in a mixing bowl.
Add cold butter and chop finely to make a crumble mixture.
Put about 1/4 of the crumble mixture in a small bowl and set aside for now. Spread the remaining mixture about 0.5 cm thick in the shape of a square on a baking tray lined with baking paper, press it down firmly and bake it in a preheated oven at 180 °C top and bottom heat for about 7 minutes. Let the shortcrust pastry base cool slightly on the baking sheet afterwards.
Making of the yogurt cream
Mix eggs, sugar and vanilla to a homogeneous mass.
Add natural yogurt and mix again.
Add corn starch and mix again until homogeneous.
Baking the cake
Spread the yogurt cream evenly on the shortbread base on the baking sheet.
Spread berries on top of the yogurt cream.
Sprinkle the top of the cake with the crumble mixture set aside and bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C top and bottom heat for about 30 minutes.
- Use any berries to taste for the sheet cake. Both fresh and frozen fruits will work. Frozen berries do not need to be thawed.
- Butter for the dough must be cold.
- The amount of sugar for the yogurt cream can be adjusted to taste.
- The specified baking time may vary. Do not bake the berry cake from the tray too long, so that it tastes light and moist at the end.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the sheet cake with berries and yogurt above in the post.