Blini taste incredibly delicious and are loved by both children and adults. According to this simple recipe, you can quickly make Russian thin pancakes yourself. For this you need only a few common ingredients.
Servings 11 blini
- 350 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 tsp salt
- approx. 150 g flour
- vegetable oil to grease the pan
In a mixing bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, sugar and salt.
Gradually add flour in portions, mix thoroughly to form a liquid dough and let it rest for about 20 minutes.
Then add vegetable oil to the liquid dough and stir it.
Grease the pan with vegetable oil and heat it. Using a ladle, pour some batter into the hot pan and make brisk circular motions with the pan so that the batter spreads evenly and thinly all over the surface of the pan. Fry the pancake over medium heat until golden brown to golden brown on both sides. Repeat until all the batter is used, stirring the batter in the mixing bowl as you go. There is no need to grease the pan again.
- All ingredients for the dough should be at room temperature.
- Vegetable oil should not be missing from the batter, otherwise blini will stick to the pan.
- The dough should be liquid and have about the consistency of cream.
- Before frying the blini, the pan must be well heated.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for preparing Russian blinchiki at the top of the post.