Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Fruity, moist, creamy and fluffy at the same time tastes this delicious tangerine orange carrot cake. In addition, it is vegan and quick to make. The carrot cake with mandarin orange cream is perfect for Easter. However, it also tastes delicious all year round. You can find a detailed recipe for the vegan tangerine orange carrot cake with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions here at the very bottom.
Fluffy, creamy, fruity
The dough for this cake is made with shredded carrots and tastes fluffy and moist at the same time. The cream is made with a generous helping of orange and tangerine juice, giving it a very fruity flavor. Soft wheat semolina, which is included in the cake cream, provides its creamy consistency.
How to decorate vegan tangerine orange carrot cake?
Decorate the vegan tangerine orange carrot cake as you like. You can adapt the decoration to the occasion you are serving the cake for. I made the carrot cake with mandarin orange cream this time for Easter and decorated it with homemade marzipan carrots. I have also made it with a chocolate glaze before. But the mandarin orange carrot cake looks pretty even without any decoration, just covered with cake crumbs.
Delicious at Easter and all year round
The vegan carrot cake with tangerine orange cream is of course perfect for Easter. But it also tastes delicious all year round. You can simply treat your loved ones to the cake during the week or on the weekend, serving it with coffee or tea for dessert. It is just as suitable for a special occasion, such as a birthday.
Vegan cake recipe without substitute products
Unlike many other vegan cake recipes, this recipe does not use any plant-based substitutes. For example, you don’t need plant milk or vegan margarine for the mandarin orange carrot cake. No egg substitute is needed either. The dough for the vegan tangerine orange carrot cake is prepared with vegetable oil, which provides its moisture. Soft wheat semolina makes the cake cream stable and creamy.
This mandarin orange carrot cake is
- not too sweet,
- heavenly delicious,
- with carrot-dead base and tangerine orange cream,
- vegan – without egg, milk and other animal products,
- easy and quick to make with common ingredients,
- perfect for Easter and all year round.
Recipe for vegan tangerine orange carrot cake
The recipe for vegan mandarin orange carrot cake is very simple, quick and comes with few ingredients that you may even already have at home. Here you can get a rough idea of how the preparation works and what you need for the recipe. The exact quantities and step-by-step instructions for making the vegan tangerine orange carrot cake can be found below in the box recipe.
For the dough you need
- carrots – finely shredded,
- vegetable oil,
- baking powder,
- a little nutmeg
- and a little salt.
For the cream you only need
- freshly squeezed orange and tangerine juice,
- and soft wheat semolina.
How to make vegan tangerine orange carrot cake: here’s how (Check out the detailed recipe below.)
- To make the dough, mix all the ingredients together. Spread the viscous dough on a baking tray, bake it at 180 °C for about 15 minutes and let it cool down. Then cut a narrow edge off all sides of the cake base and crumble it. Cut the large cake base into four small ones.
- For the cream, put all the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer briefly until thickened. Then immediately whip it into an airy cream.
- Now spread the four cake layers with the cream, stack them on top of each other and sprinkle the cake with the crumbs. Done!
How to make vegan tangerine orange carrot cake: tips and tricks
- Be sure to use freshly squeezed juice for the cream. This is the only way to make the cake really fruity and aromatic.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar for the dough and the cream according to your taste.
- The amount of flour given in the recipe may vary. Therefore, add the mixture of flour and baking powder in portions to the other ingredients until the dough has a viscous consistency.
- Do not mix the dough for too long, but only briefly and quickly until the dough is homogeneous. Otherwise, the cake base might taste firm and not fluffy after baking.
- Do not bake the cake base longer than necessary or it may taste dry. Use a wooden skewer to check if it is done baking.
- Be sure to let the cake base cool thoroughly after baking before cutting it into four smaller cake layers, as it is very fragile while still warm.
Have you made vegan tangerine orange carrot cake using this recipe? I’m looking forward to your results, your star rating and your comment here below on how you liked and succeeded in making the carrot cake with mandarin orange cream.
Looking for more delicious vegan Easter recipes? Try also:
- Carrot cake vegan – recipe for moist healthy cake without sugar
- Braided Easter bread vegan – easy eggless sweet yeast bread recipe
Vegan tangerine orange carrot cake
for the dough
- 380 g carrots (cleaned)
- 180 g sugar
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- approx. 250 g flour
- 12 g baking powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
for the cream
- 180 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 180 ml freshly squeezed tangerine juice
- 50 g sugar
- 50 g soft wheat semolina
Preparation of the dough
- Finely grate carrots and put them in a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, vegetable oil, nutmeg and salt and mix.
- Mix flour with baking powder, add it in batches to the carrot mixture and mix it quickly and briefly to form a viscous dough.
- Spread the dough evenly on a baking tray lined with baking paper, bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C top and bottom heat for about 15 minutes and let the cake base cool down.
Preparation of the cream
- Put orange juice, tangerine juice, sugar and soft wheat semolina in a small saucepan, bring to the boil while stirring constantly and then continue to boil while stirring for about 3 minutes until the mixture has thickened.
- Remove the orange and tangerine mixture from the heat and, while it is still hot, whip it for about 8 - 10 minutes until it becomes a fluffy, light cream.
Preparation of the cake
- Cut off about 0.5 - 1 cm wide edge from each side of the cake base and crumble it. Then cut the cake base into four rectangles of the same size.
- Spread all four cake layers with the cream and stack them on top of each other. Spread the sides of the cake with the remaining cream as well.
- Sprinkle the top and sides of the cake with the crumbs and chill for at least 2 hours.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar for the dough and the cream to taste.
- The amount of flour given may vary. Therefore, add the mixture of flour and baking powder to the other ingredients in batches until the dough acquires a viscous consistency.
- Do not mix the dough for too long, but only briefly and quickly until it is homogeneous. Otherwise, the cake base might taste firm and not fluffy after baking.
- Do not bake the cake base longer than necessary or it could taste dry. Use a wooden skewer to check if it is done baking.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the vegan tangerine orange carrot cake at the top of the post.