Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Whether for snacking in between, for afternoon coffee or as a gift – these cookies are an irresistible treat for all coconut lovers. They taste incredibly tender, moist and fluffy at the same time. Plus, the coconut cookies are vegan and have a chocolatey flavor note. You can make them yourself easily and quickly with just a few ingredients. A detailed vegan coconut cookies recipe with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions can be found here at the bottom.
Very aromatic, fluffy, moist
Coconut is naturally very aromatic, so these cookies are too. Thanks to coconut milk and coconut oil, they also taste very moist, tender and fluffy. Chocolate combines perfectly with the coconut flavor and gives the cookies a special touch.
For coconut lovers – to snack on or give as a gift
Anyone who loves the taste of coconut is guaranteed to be delighted by these coconut cookies. They are delicious for snacking between meals at any time of the year or with a cup of tea, coffee for dessert after dinner. They are also ideal as Christmas cookies. You can package the coconut cookies nicely and give them as gifts to your loved ones. Since they do not contain animal products, they are perfect for vegans too.
Delicious with or without chocolate
Instead of dark chocolate, vegan milk or white chocolate will also work to coat the coconut cookies. You can dip not only a part of each cookie, but the whole cookie in the chocolate briefly. Or just lightly drizzle the cookies with chocolate if you like less chocolate flavor. But even without chocolate glaze they taste delicious. You can eat the cookies directly after baking.
These coconut cookies are
- heavenly delicious,
- vegan – without milk, butter, egg,
- with a chocolaty taste,
- easy and quick to make,
- ideal for snacking, gifting or dessert,
- perfect also as Christmas cookies.
Vegan coconut cookies recipe
The recipe for the vegan coconut cookies with chocolate is very simple and fast. You need to mix all the ingredients into a sticky mass, form them into small cookies and put them in the oven. After that, you just cover them with chocolate. Here you can get a rough idea of how the making works and what you need for it. You can find the exact quantities and step-by-step instructions for making the vegan coconut cookies with chocolate here in the box recipe below.
You will need
- shredded coconut,
- canned coconut milk,
- coconut oil melted,
- powdered sugar,
- baking powder,
- vanilla – vanilla bean scraped out, vanilla sugar or vanilla extract,
- pinch of salt.
For coating and sprinkling you still need
- vegan dark chocolate
- and shredded coconut.
How to make vegan coconut cookies with chocolate: here’s how (Check out the detailed recipe at the bottom.)
- You mix all the ingredients into a sticky coconut mixture, shape it into small balls and bake them at 180 °C for about 15 minutes.
- After the coconut cookies have cooled, cover them with melted dark chocolate on one side and sprinkle them with shredded coconut. Done!
How to make vegan coconut cookies: tips and tricks
- You can adjust the amount of powdered sugar to taste, depending on how sweet you like your cookies.
- Depending on how dry your shredded coconut is, you might need a little more or less of it for the dough. The dough needs to be sticky, not mushy, and not dry.
- Instead of dark chocolate, you can coat the coconut cookies with vegan milk or white chocolate.
- The vegan coconut cookies taste delicious even without chocolate.
Have you made vegan coconut cookies with chocolate using this recipe? I’m looking forward to your result, your star rating and your comment here below how you liked and succeeded in making the cookies with coconut.
Looking for more vegan cookie recipes? Try also:
- How to make vegan vanilla crescents: the best recipe
- Snowflake cookies vegan – recipe for the most tender cookies in the world
- Vegan cinnamon stars – the classic in the Christmas bakery without egg
- Vegan spritz cookies – heavenly aromatic with spice and orange
- How to make Spitzbuben: vegan recipe for Linzer cookies
Vegan coconut cookies with chocolate
- approx. 200 g shredded coconut
- 200 ml coconut milk canned
- 140 g coconut oil melted
- 140 g powdered sugar
- approx. 400 g flour
- 12 g baking powder
- vanilla (e.g. vanilla pod scraped out, vanilla sugar or vanilla extract)
- 1 pinch of salt
for the decorating
- approx. 150 g dark chocolate vegan
- approx. 50 g shredded coconut
- Mix shredded coconut, powdered sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add coconut milk, melted coconut oil and vanilla and mix.
- Mix flour with baking powder, add it to the coconut mixture in batches until a sticky dough forms. If the dough is mushy after you add all the flour, add some more shredded coconut.
- Form small balls (about the size of a walnut) from the coconut dough, you can keep wetting your hands a little with water, and spread them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper with plenty of space between them.
- Bake the coconut cookies in a preheated oven at 180 °C top and bottom heat for about 15 minutes. Repeat the process until the dough is used up and let the coconut cookies cool.
- Slowly melt dark chocolate, dip one side of each coconut cookie into it and sprinkle this side with shredded coconut from above and below.
- Spread the coconut cookies on a sheet of baking paper and let the chocolate dry briefly.
- You can adjust the amount of powdered sugar to taste, depending on how sweet you like the cookies.
- Depending on how dry the shredded coconut is, you might need a little more or less of it for the dough. The dough needs to be sticky, not mushy, and not dry.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the vegan coconut cookies with chocolate at the top of the post.