Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Heavenly fluffy yeast dough, sweet and sour jam and crispy tender crumbs – that’s what these sweet buns are made of. They not only taste incredibly delicious, but are incredibly aromatic and look very tempting to boot. The buns are easy to make with a few common ingredients. Whether for breakfast or dessert with a cup of tea, your loved ones are sure to be delighted by the pastries. A detailed recipe for sweet buns with jam and crumbs with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions can be found here at the very bottom.
A combination of yeast dough, jam and crumbs
Yeast dough, jam and fine crumbs make a delicious combination of flavors combined in these sweet buns. The dough tastes very soft, airy and not too sweet. It is perfectly complemented with the sweet and sour note of jam. Crispy tender crumbs complete the taste of the buns and make it perfect.
Which jam do I use for sweet buns?
You can use any jam for these sweet buns. Just use your favorite jam. However, it should have a firm consistency so that it does not flow out of the buns during baking. The buns taste best with homemade jam. I had taken for the recipe homemade raspberry plum jam. It tastes sweet and sour and combines perfectly with the fluffy yeast dough and the delicate crumbs.
Eye-catcher to bite into
These sweet buns look simply scrumptious. The golden yeast dough with a blob of colorful jam in the middle and the light yellow fine crumbs around it – doesn’t it sound like an eye-catcher that you want to devour immediately? With this pastry, you’re sure to impress your guests at a party. But also during the week or on the weekend you can spoil your family with it.
How to store the sweet buns?
The sweet buns with jam and crumbs taste best right after baking, when they have cooled down a bit. But they will remain soft and just as flavorful for the next few days. Store them in an airtight container, such as a lunch box, in the refrigerator so they don’t dry out. You can enjoy them over about 4 – 5 days.
These buns are
- not too sweet,
- incredibly tasty,
- with jam and fine crumbs,
- an eye-catcher on the dining table,
- easy to make with common ingredients,
- ideal for breakfast or dessert.
Recipe for sweet buns with jam and crumbs
The recipe for sweet buns is very easy. You should only allow plenty of time for making, because the yeast dough must rise. Here you can get a rough idea of how the making works and what you need for it. As always, you can find the exact quantities and step-by-step instructions for making sweet buns with jam and crumbs here below in the box recipe.
For the yeast dough you need lukewarm milk, soft butter, eggs at room temperature, sugar, flour, yeast, vanilla and a little salt. For the filling you just need any solid jam. And for the crumbs you need soft butter, sugar, vanilla and flour.
First you make the pre-dough from milk, yeast, a little sugar and some flour and let it rise briefly. Then you mix the remaining ingredients for the dough, except flour, together and stir the mixture into the pre-dough. Then add the remaining flour in portions and knead everything into a very soft dough. Now let the dough rise for a while, kneading it once in between. Then form balls from the dough and let them rise. In the meantime, you can make the crumbs. Mix all the ingredients to make fine crumbs. After the dough balls have risen, make narrow but deep depressions in the center of each ball with your index finger, brush the balls with egg yolk, which you first dilute with a little water, and sprinkle them with the crumbs. Then fill the cavities with a little jam and put the buns in the oven to bake. And they are ready!
How to make sweet buns with jam and crumbs: tips and tricks
- Instead of fresh yeast you can use dry yeast. For the recipe below you will need 7 g of it.
- Milk for the yeast dough must be lukewarm. It must not be cold or hot. All other ingredients for the dough must be at room temperature.
- To give the yeast dough the right consistency, add the last portion of flour little by little. The amount of flour specified in the recipe may vary. The dough must be very soft. It should not be too firm, but not mushy either.
- It is important to knead the yeast dough for about 8 – 10 minutes so that the buns taste soft and fluffy after baking.
- Be sure to let the yeast dough rise in a warm place without drafts.
- The crumbs must be fine, not too dry and also not too greasy. To give them the right consistency, add flour little by little. The amount of flour given in the recipe may vary.
- You can use any jam of your taste to fill the buns. However, it must be solid and not liquid.
- Use room-warm jam for the recipe. If you keep your jam in the refrigerator, get it out first and let it sit at room temperature for a while.
Have you made sweet buns with jam and crumbs using this recipe? I’m looking forward to your result, your star rating and your comment here below, how you succeeded and tasted the pastry.
Fancy some more sweet buns made with yeast dough? Try for example:
Sweet buns with jam and crumbs
for the dough
- 150 ml milk (lukewarm)
- 75 g butter (room temperature)
- 100 g sugar
- 1 egg and white of 1 egg
- approx. 480 g flour
- 20 g fresh yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
for the crumbs
- 10 g butter (room temperature)
- 10 g sugar
- approx. 20 g flour
- 8 g vanilla sugar
for the filling
- approx. 120 g solid jam (room temperature)
- yolk of 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1 tbsp water (room temperature)
Preparation of the dough
- Pour lukewarm milk into a large mixing bowl and dissolve in it 1 tablespoon of sugar (from the total amount indicated) and fresh yeast.
- Add 80 g of flour, mix until homogeneous, cover with a towel and let the pre-dough rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Mix together egg and egg white, remaining sugar, soft butter, vanilla and salt, add the mixture to the pre-dough and stir until homogeneous.
- Add flour in portions and knead into a very soft dough. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes, cover it with a towel and let it rise in a warm place for 50 minutes. Then knead it briefly and let it rise for another 40 minutes.
- Knead the dough again briefly and divide it into 12 equal pieces. Form each piece of dough into a ball, spread the balls on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, leaving enough space between them, and let them rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
Preparation of the crumbs
- Mix softened butter, sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Add flour in batches and mix into fine crumbs.
Preparation of the buns
- Roll your index finger in flour and use it to make dimples of approx. Ø 1.5 - 2 cm in the center of each dough ball, pressing the dough down to the bottom with your finger several times to form a narrow hole.
- Mix egg yolk with 1 tablespoon of water and brush the buns with it, except for the indentations inside.
- Sprinkle the buns generously with the crumbs.
- Now fill the cavities in each bun with jam by putting about 1 teaspoon of jam in each hole.
- Bake the sweet buns in a preheated oven at 190 °C top and bottom heat for about 15 minutes.
- Instead of fresh yeast you can use dry yeast. You will need 7 g of it for the recipe.
- Milk for the yeast dough must be lukewarm. All other ingredients must be at room temperature.
- To give the yeast dough the right consistency, add the last portion of flour little by little. The amount of flour indicated may vary. The dough must be very soft. It must not be too firm, but not mushy either.
- The crumbs must be fine, not too dry and not too greasy. To get the right consistency, add flour little by little. The amount of flour indicated may vary.
- Jam for filling the buns must be room-warm and have a firm consistency.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the sweet buns with jam and crumbs at the top of the post.