Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Crumbly, fluffy, heavenly tender taste the German snowflake cookies. Like a snowflake, they immediately melt in your mouth. Even on the outside, the snow-white cookies remind you of snowflakes. You can easily make the cookies yourself with a few ingredients. They are ideal for snacking between meals, as Christmas cookies or as gifts. A detailed vegan recipe for snowflake cookies with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions can be found here at the bottom.
Tender, more tender, the snowflake cookies
The German snowflake cookies taste incredibly delicate. They fall apart in your mouth after each bite and then practically melt in your mouth, they’re that fine. They have a generous portion of cornstarch to thank for that. The amount of starch is much higher than the amount of flour in the dough.
German snowflake cookies very simple vegan
The classic snowflake cookies contain only one animal product. That is butter. You can easily replace it with vegan margarine and get vegan snowflakes cookies. It is best to use organic margarine without additives.
Refine to taste
If you want to bring a change into the traditional snowflake cookies, you can refine them with different spices and flavors. For example, add some lemon or orange zest to the dough and you’ll have aromatic Christmas cookies with a slightly refreshing note. Or make the dough with a small amount of cinnamon. This will make the cookies even more Christmassy.
Christmas cookies or DIY gift
During the Christmas season, you just can’t get enough of all kinds of cookies. Of course, the most tender cookies in the world – snowflake cookies – can’t be missing. And as delicious as they taste, you’d best make a double batch of them. Because the cookies are snacked faster than you might think. Beautifully packaged, for example in a glass cookie jar, the snowflakes cookies make a sweet Christmas gift from the kitchen for your loved ones.
These snowflakes cookies are
- incredibly delicious,
- easy and quick to make with a few common ingredients,
- ideal as Christmas cookies or for snacking at any time of the year,
- perfect for gift giving,
- long shelf life.
Vegan snowflake cookies recipe
The recipe for vegan snowflake cookies is very easy. And you need only a few ingredients for it. Here you can get a rough idea of how the making goes, and what you need for it. The exact quantities and step-by-step instructions for making vegan snowflakes cookies can be found in the recipe box below.
For the recipe you need
- vegan margarine – it needs to be room warm,
- powdered sugar,
- and vanilla.
How to make vegan snowflake cookies: here’s how (Check out the detailed recipe at the bottom.)
- First, whip soft margarine, powdered sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Then add cornstarch and flour and knead quickly into a soft dough. Make small rolls out of the dough and put them in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Form small balls from the dough, spread them on the baking tray and press them flat with a fork. Then bake the cookies at 160 °C for about 15 minutes, let them cool and dust them with powdered sugar. Done!
How to make German snowflakes cookies vegan: tips and tricks
- The amount of flour given in the recipe may vary. Therefore, add flour in portions until the dough gets the right consistency. It should be very soft, not mushy and not dry.
- Knead the dough only briefly and quickly, in no case too long, so that the snowflake cookies later taste tender.
- Do not bake the snowflakes cookies longer than necessary or they may taste dry. After baking, they must be white and in no case brown.
- Store the snowflake cookies in airtight packaging, for example in a lunch box, at room temperature. They will keep for about a month.
Did you make the snowflake cookies according to this recipe? I look forward to your result, your star rating and your comment here below, how you have succeeded and tasted the vegan pastry.
Got an appetite for more vegan cookies? Also try:
- How to make vegan vanilla crescents: the best recipe
- How to make Spitzbuben: vegan recipe for Linzer cookies
- Vegan spritz cookies – heavenly aromatic with spice and orange
- Vegan cinnamon stars – the classic in the Christmas bakery without egg
- Filled gingerbread hearts vegan – with fruity apricot jam
Snowflake cookies vegan
- 250 g vegan margarine (room warm)
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 250 g cornstarch
- approx. 120 g flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- powdered sugar
- Beat soft margarine, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt for approx. 4 - 5 minutes until fluffy and creamy.
- Add cornstarch and flour in portions and knead briefly and quickly to a very soft dough.
- Form several rolls of the dough, approx. Ø 3 cm wide, wrap them in baking paper or cling film and chill them for 1 hour.
- Take the rolls out of the refrigerator one by one, cut each roll into small pieces and quickly form each piece into a ball about the size of a hazelnut.
- Spread the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing them slightly apart, and flatten them with a fork.
- Bake the snowflake cookies in a preheated oven at 160 °C top and bottom heat for about 15 minutes, then let them cool and dust them with powdered sugar.
- The amount of flour given may vary. Therefore, add flour in batches until the dough has the right consistency. It should be very soft, not mushy and not dry.
- Knead the dough only briefly and quickly, never too long, so that the snowflake cookies taste tender later.
- Do not bake the snowflakes cookies longer than necessary, otherwise they may taste dry. After baking, they must be white and in no case brown.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the vegan snowflake cookies at the top of the post.