Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Light, moist, fruity, summery and just incredibly delicious tastes this sheet cake with yogurt and berries. Delicate shortcrust pastry, fluffy yogurt cream and fresh berries combine perfectly with each other and result in an irresistibly delicious taste experience. What’s more, you can make the crumble cake from the tray yourself in a flash. A detailed recipe for the berry yogurt sheet cake with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions can be found here at the very bottom.
Shortcrust pastry, yogurt cream and berries
Crispy shortcrust pastry, fluffy yogurt cream, and fresh berries – doesn’t it sound like a heavenly delicious flavor combination?! That’s exactly what this summery sheet cake with crumbles is made of. It tastes tender, light and fruity. After each bite, the berry cake with yogurt practically melts in your mouth.
Which fruits do I use for the yogurt sheet cake?
You can make this yogurt sheet cake with any berries. Just use your favorite fruits or fruits of the season. Besides fresh berries, you can also use frozen ones. You don’t have to let them thaw. Just spread the frozen fruit on the cake and put it in the oven. I had already made the sheet cake with raspberries, strawberries and blueberries and with raspberries, strawberries and black currants. The fruits combine perfectly with each other and give the cake a great colorful look.
Quick crumble cake from the sheet with berries
You can make this sheet cake with yogurt and berries yourself in no time. The shortcrust pastry base is ready in a flash. For the yogurt cream you just have to mix all the ingredients together. Then spread the cream and any fruit on the shortcrust pastry and the sheet cake is ready for the oven. This recipe is perfect for the summer, when you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen on a hot day, but still want to whip up something sweet for dessert.
Ideal cake for a summer party
Thanks to various berries spread on the cake, it looks colorful and spreads pure summer mood. Also the layers of the delicate shortcrust pastry and the slightly airy yogurt cream taste very summery. This makes the sheet cake ideal for a summer party. However, because it is very quick to make, it is just as perfect for dessert during the week or on an ordinary weekend. With frozen berries, the sheet cake with yogurt is also delicious in winter.
How to store sheet cake with yogurt and berries
The crumble cake from the sheet tastes best fresh, right after baking. Just let it cool a bit, so no one gets burned. You should store the leftovers from the cake in an airtight container, such as a lunch box, so they don’t dry out. Store the cake in the refrigerator, where it will keep for about 2 – 3 days.
This cake from the tray is
- not too sweet,
- heavenly delicious,
- with delicious yogurt cream,
- with fresh berries,
- also possible with frozen fruits,
- easy and quick to make with few ingredients,
- perfect for dessert during the week or for a party.
Berry cake with yogurt from the sheet: the recipe
You can find the exact quantities and step-by-step instructions to make the sheet cake with yogurt and berries yourself here below in the box recipe.
To make the cake, you first need to prepare the shortbread mixture and then the yogurt cream. It’s all pretty quick, so you can enjoy this delicious sheet cake right away.
For the shortcrust pastry base you will need
- cold butter,
- and vanilla sugar.
For the cream you need
- first of all natural yogurt,
- and cornstarch.
You will also need various berries to spread on the cream.
How to make the yogurt shortcake with berries: this is how it works
- For the shortbread base, mix together flour, sugar and vanilla sugar. Add cold butter and chop finely. Set aside some of the crumble mixture, spread the rest on the baking sheet and press down firmly. Bake the shortcrust pastry base at 180 °C for about 7 minutes and allow to cool slightly.
- For the cream, mix eggs and sugar. Add natural yogurt and then cornstarch and mix each time until homogeneous.
- Spread the yogurt cream evenly on the shortbread base and then spread the berries on top. Sprinkle the cake with the remaining crumble and bake at 180 °C for about 30 minutes. Done!
How to make the sheet cake with yogurt and berries: tips and tricks
- Use any berries of your taste for the sheet cake. You can use both fresh and frozen fruits. You do not need to defrost frozen berries.
- Butter for the dough must be cold.
- To finely chop cold butter in flour, you can simply grate it coarsely. Keep rolling the butter in the flour and stir the flour regularly with the already grated butter. Then it will not melt so quickly. Use a dough scraper to mix the butter with the flour. If you do it with your hands, the butter will melt faster.
- You can make natural yogurt for the cake yourself.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar for the yogurt cream according to your taste.
- The baking time given in the recipe may vary. Do not bake the berry cake from the tray too long, so that it tastes light and moist at the end.
Did you make the berry cake from the tray according to this recipe? I look forward to your result, your star rating and your comment on the recipe below, how you succeeded and tasted the sheet cake with berries and yogurt.
Fancy more summer cake and dessert recipes? Try also:
- Black currant cake with kefir – quick summer cake recipe
- Mini Pavlova – recipe for the world favorite summer dessert
- Fraisier cake – recipe for popular French strawberry cake
Sheet cake with yogurt and berries
for the dough
- 125 g butter (cold)
- 125 g sugar
- 250 g flour
- 8 g vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
for the yogurt cream
- 270 g natural yogurt
- 80 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 25 g cornstarch
for the filling
- 80 g strawberries
- 80 g raspberries
- 80 g blueberries or black currants
Making of the dough
- Mix flour, sugar, salt and vanilla sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add cold butter and chop finely to make a crumble mixture.
- Put about 1/4 of the crumble mixture in a small bowl and set aside for now. Spread the remaining mixture about 0.5 cm thick in the shape of a square on a baking tray lined with baking paper, press it down firmly and bake it in a preheated oven at 180 °C top and bottom heat for about 7 minutes. Let the shortcrust pastry base cool slightly on the baking sheet afterwards.
Making of the yogurt cream
- Mix eggs, sugar and vanilla to a homogeneous mass.
- Add natural yogurt and mix again.
- Add corn starch and mix again until homogeneous.
Baking the cake
- Spread the yogurt cream evenly on the shortbread base on the baking sheet.
- Spread berries on top of the yogurt cream.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with the crumble mixture set aside and bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C top and bottom heat for about 30 minutes.
- Use any berries to taste for the sheet cake. Both fresh and frozen fruits will work. Frozen berries do not need to be thawed.
- Butter for the dough must be cold.
- The amount of sugar for the yogurt cream can be adjusted to taste.
- The specified baking time may vary. Do not bake the berry cake from the tray too long, so that it tastes light and moist at the end.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the sheet cake with berries and yogurt above in the post.