Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Fluffy dough and airy cream cheese cream – Russian cake “Milk girl” is simply delicious. It tastes soft, creamy, tender, airy and not too sweet. No wonder it is one of the most popular Russian cakes. The recipe for the cake “Milk girl” is very simple, so you can make it yourself without much effort. Here I’ll show you how to do it and give you tips on how to make the cake perfectly. A detailed recipe for the Russian cake “Milk girl” with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions can be found below.
“Milk girl” and “Caramel girl” sisters
You may have already tried the “Caramel girl” cake, which can be considered the sister of the “Milk girl” cake. The cakes are similar in preparation and somewhat in taste, but at the same time differ in it. The dough for the “Milk girl” is made with ordinary sweetened condensed milk and not caramelized. The cream for the cake “Milk girl” is without caramel sauce.
Cake “Milk girl” – without rolling out the cake layers
Just like the “Caramel girl”, the “Milk girl” cake does not require rolling out the cake layers, although it consists of several thin layers. Thus, you can make this cake much faster. You simply spread the thick dough for the cake on the baking sheet, bake one large cake layer and then cut it into several smaller cake layers.
Alternatively, you can make the Russian cake round instead of square. To do this, either draw a circle on the baking paper (as big as the cake should be) or put the edge of a springform pan, spread the dough thinly in this circle and bake it (you should remove the edge of the springform pan before baking). Continue in this way until the dough is used up and you have baked all the cake layers. Baking the cake layers in this case will take longer than if you make a square cake.
Delicate cake – easy recipe
The “Milk girl” cake not only tastes incredibly delicious, but it’s quick and easy to make from a few common ingredients that you’re sure to already have at home. The cake layers are ready in no time without rolling them out. All you have to do is prepare the batter. For the cream, whip cream cheese, cream and powdered sugar until creamy. So you have your cake ready in a flash.
How to serve cake “Milk girl”
Russian cake “Milk girl” with its many layers and white cream looks to bite and tastes incredibly delicious. Thus, it is perfect not only for dessert after dinner with coffee or tea, but also for any celebration, for example, Christmas, Easter, birthday or Mother’s Day. In addition, the cake is ideal for giving as a gift.
The “Milk girl” tastes even better the next day after preparation. So you can make it a few days earlier before serving.
This Russian cake is
- incredibly delicious,
- even more delicious the next day,
- to be made from few ingredients,
- easy and quick to prepare without rolling out the cake layers,
- about 20 x 30 cm in size.
How to make the Russian cake “Milk girl”: the recipe
The exact quantities and step-by-step instructions, according to which you can make the cake “Milk girl” yourself, are given below in the box recipe.
For the dough you need
- sweetened condensed milk,
- baking powder
- and flour.
For the cream only
- cream cheese,
- and powdered sugar
How to make your own cake “Milk girl”: this is how it works
- For the dough, mix eggs and sweetened condensed milk.
- Add flour with baking powder and mix everything into a thick dough.
- Add melted and cooled butter and stir.
- Divide the dough into two portions, spread each portion thinly on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake at 180 °C for about 7 minutes each. Let the cake layers cool, cut a narrow edge off all sides of each and crumble. Cut each of the two cake layers into two equal parts.
- For the cream, briefly whip cream cheese and powdered sugar. Add cream and beat until stiff.
- Spread all four cake layers with the cream and stack on top of each other. Sprinkle the cake with the crumbs and chill for a few hours. Done!
More delicious creams for cake “Milk girl”
You can make the cake “Milk girl” with different creams. Here I show you four more delicious recipes for it. You can choose one cream according to your taste or try them all one by one and choose your favorite one. Tell me in a comment below which cream you liked the best.
Easy whipped cream cream
The cream that is most often used for the cake consists of only two ingredients. Those are cream and powdered sugar. You beat the two ingredients together until stiff, and the cream for the cake “Milk girl” is ready. For the cake layers according to the recipe below you need
- 500 g cream,
- 50 g powdered sugar or to taste, depending on how sweet you want the cream.
Alternatively, you can use sweetened condensed milk instead of powdered sugar. You will then need
- 500 g cream,
- 150 g of sweetened condensed milk.
Whip the cream and the sweetened condensed milk together to a cream – ready.
Cream with Russian tvorog
For this you need
- 300 g of tvorog,
- 500 g cream,
- 100 g powdered sugar,
Tvorog can be bought in Russian stores or some supermarkets. You can also easily make your own tvorog.
Add powdered sugar and vanilla to tvorog and blend it with a hand blender. Whip cream until fluffy, add the tvorog mixture in small portions little by little and continue to whip it to a homogeneous cream.
For this variant you need
- 400 g cream,
- 160 g sweetened condensed milk,
- 100 g soft butter.
Whip butter for 3 – 4 minutes to a creamy white mass. Gradually add sweetened condensed milk in small portions and beat until homogeneous. Now whip cream until frothy, then add condensed milk-butter mixture in small portions little by little and whip it to a homogeneous cream.
Tips and tricks: how to make your “Milk girl” perfect
- According to the original recipe, the dough is prepared without butter. So you can leave it out. With butter, however, the dough tastes softer and more tender.
- For the dough, the amount of flour given may vary, as each type of flour absorbs liquid differently. The dough should be thick, i.e. not too liquid and not too solid. Therefore, first take a little less flour and mix it with baking powder. When stirring the dough, simply add more flour if it is too liquid.
- It is best to sift the flour with the baking powder so that no lumps form in the dough.
- Add melted butter to the dough when it has cooled down.
- To check whether the cake base is ready, you should do a stick test. To do this, insert a toothpick briefly into the center of the pie crust and see if it stays almost clean after you pull it out. If the toothpick stays smeared in raw dough, you still need to bake the pie crust. If only a few moist crumbs remain on the toothpick, the pie crust is ready. If the toothpick comes out dry, it could be that you baked the cake base too long and it tastes too dry in the end. Alternatively, you can test whether the cake base is ready as follows: Gently press the surface of the dough with a finger in the middle for a short time. If the cake base springs back after pressing and no traces remain visible, it is ready.
- Let the pie crusts cool on a flat, even surface.
- You’ve done a perfect job with the dough if, when cut into multiple pie crusts after baking, it looks very fluffy with lots of little holes in the cut.
- You can cut each of the two cake layers into four pieces instead of two. Then your cake consists of 8 cake layers, is much higher and about 15 x 20 cm in size. For my taste, the cake is then too high. But you can do it the way you like it best.
- Cream cheese and cream for the cream must be cold before using.
- You can adjust the amount of powdered sugar for the cream to your taste, depending on how sweet you like the cake.
- Like most Russian cakes, this one tastes even better in the next few days.
Did you make the Russian cake “Milk girl” according to this recipe? What cream did you make for it? I’m looking forward to your result, your star rating and your comment on the recipe below, how you liked the cake.
Not enough of delicious Russian cakes? Try also:
- Napoleon cake – classic recipe for popular Russian layer cake
- Medovik – classic recipe for popular Russian honey cake
Russian cake "Milk girl"
for the dough
- 380 g sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 50 g butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 12 g baking powder
- approx. 180 g flour
for the cream
- 400 g cream cheese
- 350 g cream
- 80 g powdered sugar
Preparation of the dough
- Beat eggs, sweetened condensed milk and salt until homogeneous.
- Mix flour and baking powder, add it to the condensed milk-eggs mixture and mix it into a thick dough. The dough should not be too liquid and not solid. Use a little less flour at first and add some more as needed. (For this, follow the tips and tricks for making the dough at the top of the post).
- Add melted and cooled butter and mix again to form a homogeneous dough.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions, first spread one of the portions thinly on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake it in a preheated oven at 180 °C for about 7 minutes. Repeat the same with the second portion of the dough and let the two cake layers cool.
- Cut off about 0.5 - 1 cm of the edge of the two cake layers on all four sides and finely crumble the leftover dough.
- Cut the two cake layers into two squares of the same size, so that you have four cake layers.
Preparation of the cream
- Whip cream cheese and powdered sugar to a homogeneous creamy mass.
- Add cream and whip until stiff.
Preparation of the cake
- Spread all four cake layers with the cream cheese cream and stack them on top of each other.
- Spread the cream around the edges of the cake, sprinkle the crumbs around the edges and decorate as desired with the remaining cream. Chill the cake for at least 2 hours.
- The amount of flour given may vary. The dough should be thick.
- Add the melted butter to the dough only when cooled.
- Use cream cheese and cream for the cream cold.
- Check out the cream alternatives for the tart that I featured in the post.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for DIY Russian cake "Milk girl" at the top of the post.