Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Nothing beats a delicious vegan pizza for lunch or dinner, especially if it’s homemade. Did you know that it is very easy to make pizza dough yourself? For the classic recipe that is vegan, you only need a few ingredients. As for the pizza topping, there are no limits to your imagination. Whether vegetables, mushrooms or vegan mozzarella – create your favorite pizza and put it in the oven. After a short time, you’ll have it on your lunch table. Here I show you how to make the classic pizza dough, which takes a little longer to rise, and a quick pizza dough yourself. There are also some ideas for topping the pizza. The detailed recipes for the vegan pizza with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions can be found here at the bottom.
How to make the best pizza dough yourself
A good pizza dough does not tolerate haste. To make your pizza perfect, the dough needs very little yeast and plenty of time to rise. You should allow about 24 hours for this. For the pizza dough recipe you need only four ingredients. These are flour, water, yeast and salt. It is best to use type 550 flour and fresh yeast. The preparation of the dough is quite fast. You need to dissolve fresh yeast in lukewarm water and then knead all the ingredients into a firm dough. Another requirement for the best pizza dough is kneading. You must knead the dough for about 10 minutes. After that, let it rise at room temperature for a couple of hours and then it goes into the fridge for about 21 hours. Before shaping the dough into a pizza crust, let it warm up for another 1 hour at room temperature. After that, it’s time to top and bake. Another important point to make the best pizza is the baking process. A pizza is baked at the highest possible temperature. This makes the baking time quite short. Be sure to preheat the oven before baking.
How to make quick pizza dough with dry yeast
Got an appetite for homemade pizza and don’t feel like waiting all day for the dough to rise? Then make the pizza dough yourself in a hurry. In this case, simply add the normal amount of yeast to the dough that is needed for the corresponding amount of flour, according to the yeast packaging. You can use either fresh yeast or dry yeast. Then you let the pizza dough rise for about 1.5 hours, which is very little compared to the classic recipe, and bake your pizza.
Vegan pizza topping: ideas
A delicious tomato sauce is probably the most important thing on a pizza. You can easily make it yourself from strained tomatoes. Do not forget to season the sauce really well. In addition to garlic, basil, salt and pepper, the typical pizza spice oregano must not be missing in the tomato sauce.
You can’t imagine a delicious pizza without cheese? Then make the vegan cheese sauce, also called yeast sauce, for the pizza yourself. The sauce is made with yeast flakes, which give it that real cheese flavor. Alternatively, you can buy a vegan pizza cheese called pizza melt among other things in stores.
Otherwise, you can top your vegan pizza – whether with vegetables, mushrooms, or a vegan sausage alternative – to suit your taste. Here are some ideas for vegan pizza toppings:
- bell peppers,
- tomatoes / cherry tomatoes,
- hot peppers,
- tofu / smoked tofu,
- vegan mozzarella,
- vegan salami.
Brush the toppings with a little olive oil before baking to make your pizza perfect.
Further down in the recipe boxes, I’ll tell you how I topped both of my homemade pizzas.
The homemade pizza
- is vegan,
- is juicy,
- is aromatic,
- is very tasty,
- is with crispy crust,
- can be topped as desired,
- is as from the Italian,
- is easy to make yourself from common ingredients,
- is ideal for lunch or dinner.
Baking vegan pizza: tips and tricks
- It is best to use type 550 flour for the pizza dough.
- You can use both fresh and dry yeast for the pizza dough.
- Water for the dough must be lukewarm. It must not be hot or cold.
- To give the dough the right consistency, add flour or water in batches. The amount of flour or water specified in the recipe may vary. The dough should be slightly sticky, not too firm and not mushy.
- It is important to knead the pizza dough for about 7 – 10 minutes. After that it will be elastic and no longer sticky.
- Decorate the pizza according to your taste. Here are a few ideas for vegan pizza toppings.
- Bake the pizza exclusively in a preheated oven at the highest possible temperature.
- A high temperature will make the pizza take quite a short time to bake. So watch your pizza as it bakes so it doesn’t burn.
- Once the pizza has a golden brown edge, it is ready to bake.
Did you make your own pizza dough using one of these recipes? I look forward to your result, your star rating and your comment on the pizza recipes below, how you have succeeded and tasted the vegan pizza.
Fancy more delicious vegan main dishes to make yourself? Also try:
- Falafel bowl – recipe for oriental bowl with falafels, salad & hummus
- Vegan lasagna classic – the best recipe with lentil bolognese
- How to make sushi at home: vegan recipe for maki, nigiri & inside-out rolls
- Avocado pasta – quick recipe for vegan noodles with avocado
- How to make pasta dough: Recipe for homemade noodles without egg
Best pizza dough / vegan pizza Neapolitan
for the pizza dough
- 300 ml water (lukewarm)
- approx. 500 g flour type 550
- 12 g salt
- 2 g fresh yeast
for the topping
- tomato sauce (see recipe for quick pizza dough)
- vegan mozzarella
- olive oil (for drizzling)
- Dissolve fresh yeast in lukewarm water.
- Mix flour with salt.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture and knead it into a sticky dough. Then knead the dough for about 10 minutes so that it becomes elastic. Cover the dough in the mixing bowl and let it rise at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Knead the dough briefly, cover it again, and now let it rise in the refrigerator for 21 hours.
- Then take the dough out of the refrigerator and let it rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Divide the pizza dough into three equal pieces and shape each piece into a pizza crust. Spread tomato sauce on each pizza crust and spread chopped vegan mozzarella on top.
- Drizzle the vegan pizza a little with olive oil and bake it in a preheated oven at 250 °C top and bottom heat for about 10 minutes.
- Make sure to knead the pizza dough for about 10 minutes.
- Instead of three pizzas, you can also make one large pizza with the dough.
- You can either buy vegan mozzarella or make it yourself.
- See the detailed tips and tricks for making vegan pizza at the top of the post.
Quick pizza dough with dry yeast / vegan vegetable pizza
for the pizza dough
- approx. 300 ml water (lukewarm)
- 500 g flour type 550
- 7 g dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- flour for the work surface
for the topping
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- 50 g zucchini (sliced)
- 60 g mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 yellow bell pepper strips
- 4 red bell pepper strips
- olive oil (for brushing vegetables)
for the tomato sauce
- 200 g strained tomatoes
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 20 basil leaves
- 1 tsp oregano
for the yeast melt (vegan cheese sauce)
- 25 g yeast flakes
- 40 g vegan margarine
- 25 g flour
- 150 ml water
- 1 pinch of turmeric powder (for color)
- fresh herbs (basil, parsley)
Preparation of the pizza dough
- Mix flour, dry yeast, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually add lukewarm water in portions and knead into a firm, somewhat sticky dough. Then knead the dough for about 7 minutes until it becomes elastic.
- Cover the dough in the mixing bowl with a towel and let it rise in a warm place for 1.5 hours.
Preparation of the tomato sauce
- Puree strained tomatoes, garlic and basil with a blender to a homogeneous sauce, seasoning it with oregano, salt and pepper.
Preparation of the vegan cheese sauce
- Melt margarine in a small pan.
- Add flour and mix thoroughly until there are no lumps.
- Add water, yeast flakes, and turmeric powder, bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook, stirring if necessary, briefly until the mixture thickens. Season the sauce with salt as you go.
Bake vegan vegetable pizza
- Dust the work surface with flour, stretch out the pizza dough to about the size of the baking sheet, leaving about 1 - 2 cm thick edges, and place the patty on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread the tomato sauce on the pizza dough, spread the yeast lard in batches on the tomato sauce and top the pizza with the vegetables. Brush the vegetables a little with olive oil and bake the vegetable pizza in a preheated oven at 250 °C top and bottom heat for about 10 minutes.
- Serve the vegan vegetable pizza with fresh, finely chopped herbs, for example basil, parsley.
- If your yeast melt has become too runny, add some more yeast flakes to it. If it has become too thick, you can dilute it with a little water.
- You can leave out the turmeric powder. It's just for color.
- I made a very large pizza with the pizza dough. You can also divide the dough into three parts and make three smaller pizzas.
- Depending on how thick the pizza dough is rolled out, the baking time given in the recipe may vary greatly.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for DIY vegan pizza at the top of the post.