Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Fresh vegetables, tender sour cream sauce, creamy gratin cheese, and popular Russian dumplings filled with lentils and rice are fused together in this delicious pelmeni casserole. It’s a filling vegetarian main dish that you can make in no time for lunch or dinner. You can find a detailed pelmeni casserole recipe with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions here at the very bottom.
A different take on Russian dumplings
The pelmeni casserole is a tasty combination of vegetarian dumplings, various vegetables, creamy sour cream sauce and cheese melted in the oven. This dish is a great change from the Russian cooked pelmeni, classically served with sour cream or sour cream. Just try it out!
Quick lunch or dinner idea
You probably have a lot of vegetarian pelmeni in the freezer. Then you can make a delicious dish for lunch or dinner in a flash with this recipe. With it, you’ll make warm, healthy and delicious food for you and your family, even if you don’t have much time to cook.
Pelmeni casserole vegan
You can make this pelmeni casserole not only vegetarian, but also vegan. The pelmeni are already vegan if you make them according to this recipe. For the sauce, use vegan soy yogurt instead of sour cream. For the sprinkles, use a vegan grated cheese alternative. And you have vegan pelmeni baked.
Tortellini instead of pelmeni baked
By the way, this recipe also works very well with vegetarian or vegan stuffed tortellini instead of the russian dumplings. You can use both homemade and store-bought tortellini for this. Cook them very briefly or according to package instructions in salted water and use them in the recipe instead of pelmeni.
This pelmeni casserole is
- vegetarian – vegan is also possible,
- very tasty,
- with creamy sauce,
- with lots of vegetables,
- with Russian dumplings in vegan version,
- also possible with vegetarian or vegan tortellini,
- easy and quick to make,
- ideal for lunch or dinner.
Vegetarian pelmeni casserole: the recipe
With this simple recipe you will quickly conjure up a delicious and filling meal on the dining table. Here you can get a rough idea of how the making works and what you need for it. You can find the exact quantities and step-by-step instructions on how to make pelmeni baked in the box recipe below.
For the pelmeni casserole you will need
- natural vegetarian or vegan pelmeni – for example, filled with lentils,
- various vegetables – tomatoes, carrots, peppers, onion, garlic,
- sour cream,
- grated cheese,
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- and vegetable oil for frying.
How to make Russian dumplings baked (Check out the detailed recipe at the bottom.)
- First, boil vegetarian pelmeni in salted water.
- At the same time, fry the chopped vegetables, except tomatoes, in vegetable oil, mix them with sour cream and season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Now layer the sour cream sauce, pelmeni and tomatoes in a baking dish, sprinkle with grated cheese and bake at 180 °C for about 30 minutes. Done!
Russian dumplings baked in the oven: tips and tricks
- You can use other vegetables of your taste for the recipe.
- In addition to salt and pepper, you can season the casserole with other spices and herbs of your choice.
- Instead of pelmeni, vegetarian tortellini will also work.
- With vegan plain yogurt instead of sour cream and vegan cheese alternative instead of grated cheese, you get a vegan pelmeni casserole.
Did you make the vegetarian pelmeni casserole using this recipe? I’m looking forward to your results, your star rating and your comment here below on how you liked and succeeded in making the dumplings baked.
Got an appetite for more casseroles? Try:
- Vegan lasagna classic – the best recipe with lentil bolognese
- Baked zucchini: vegetarian recipe for zucchini slices with feta
Pelmeni casserole vegetarian / Russian dumplings baked
- Casserole dish
- 500 g vegetarian pelmeni frozen (according to this recipe)
- 300 g sour cream
- 150 g grated cheese
- 2 tomatoes (medium size)
- 1 carrot
- 1 bell bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Cook pelmeni in salted water for 5 minutes.
- Rasp carrot coarsely, cut bell bell pepper into small cubes, chop onion, chop garlic finely and cut tomatoes into small cubes.
- Fry onion and garlic in a pan in vegetable oil until translucent. Add carrot and bell bell pepper, season with salt and bell pepper and stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add sour cream, stir, season again with salt and pepper if necessary, and remove from heat.
- Spread half of the sour cream sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish, put the cooked pelmeni on top, spread the remaining sauce and then tomatoes on the pelmeni and sprinkle it with grated cheese.
- Bake the pelmeni casserole in a preheated oven at 180 °C top and bottom heat for about 30 minutes.
- You can use another vegetable to taste for the recipe.
- In addition to salt and pepper, you can season the casserole with other spices and herbs.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the baked pelmeni at the top of the post.