Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Incredibly creamy and fruity – this mascarpone ice cream with black currants is pure pleasure. It tastes like summer and provides refreshment on hot days. You can make the black currant ice cream with mascarpone yourself with just four ingredients and without an ice cream maker. A detailed black currant mascarpone ice cream recipe with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions can be found here at the bottom.
The creamiest fruit ice cream in the world
Thanks to mascarpone and cream, this currant ice cream tastes heavenly creamy. At the same time, the berries give it a very fruity taste. The creaminess and fruitiness in combination result in an incredibly delicious ice cream that is simply to be snacked on. In summer, it is an ideal dessert for children and adults, which you can easily and quickly conjure up yourself on the dining table. It’s best to make a double serving of ice cream right away, because it’ll be gone faster than you think.
How to make currant ice cream extra fine
For this recipe, I had simply pureed black currants together with the other ingredients, namely mascarpone and powdered sugar. This leaves the skin and grains from the berries naturally in the ice cream. Since most vitamins are contained in the skin of fruits, I find such an ice cream healthier. Besides, neither the rind nor the grains bother me in the ice cream. But if you like your mascarpone ice cream with black currants especially fine, you can first puree the berries without the other ingredients and then rub them through a sieve. This way you get a fine berry mixture, which you then mix with mascarpone and powdered sugar. Then mix it with the whipped cream.
Seductively sweet eye-catcher
Not only delicious, but with its purple color an eye-catcher on the dining table is the black currant ice cream. Its appearance alone makes you want to eat it. The mascarpone ice cream does not contain any artificial colors. The black currants alone in combination with white dairy products provide this strong, striking color.
Mascarpone ice cream with other fruits
Instead of black currants, you can make the mascarpone ice cream with other berries. For example, try it with raspberries, strawberries or blueberries. You can also use red currants for the recipe. Whether it’s black currants or other fruits, the ice cream tastes best with fresh berries. Alternatively, you can try making it with frozen currants. I haven’t tried it myself yet. Then report back in a comment about your successes once you’ve used frozen fruit. If you like the ice cream particularly fine, rub also the other berries after pureeing through a sieve, so that you have later no grains or shells in the ice cream.
Where can I get black currants for the recipe?
Black currants are unfortunately not available fresh in supermarkets. But if you have the opportunity, you can plant them yourself in your own garden. Then you’ll have lots of fresh black currants every year and you can make not only mascarpone ice cream, but also cakes or jam from them. On some harvest fields it is offered to pick black currants yourself. In some stores you can also buy frozen black currants. However, as I mentioned before, I haven’t made ice cream with frozen fruit yet and can’t say how the ice cream will turn out.
This currant ice cream with mascarpone is
- particularly creamy,
- not too sweet,
- with fresh black currants,
- from four ingredients,
- easy and quick to make yourself,
- to make even without an ice cream maker,
- ideal dessert in summer.
Mascarpone ice cream with black currants: the recipe
The exact quantities and step-by-step instructions to make the black currant ice cream with mascarpone yourself can be found here below in the box recipe.
For the black currant ice cream recipe, you only need four ingredients. These are
- fresh black currants, of course,
- and powdered sugar.
The ice cream recipe is pretty simple and works without an ice cream maker. You just need to puree the ingredients, mix them together and let them freeze. But if you have an ice cream maker at home, you can make the ice cream just as easily.
How to make your own mascarpone ice cream with black currants: this is how it works
- Puree black currants together with mascarpone and powdered sugar to a creamy mass.
- Whip the cream until stiff and mix with the black currant and mascarpone mixture.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a sealable container and freeze. Your currant ice cream is ready!
Make your own mascarpone ice cream with black currants: tips and tricks
- It is best to use fresh black currants for the recipe.
- If you want the ice cream to be especially fine, first puree the black currants and pass them through a sieve to remove the seeds and skins.
- You can adjust the amount of powdered sugar according to your taste.
- Instead of black currants you can use other fresh berries.
- Cream must be cold before whipping.
- You can make the black currant ice cream both with and without an ice cream maker.
Did you make the mascarpone ice cream with black currants according to this recipe? I look forward to your result, your star rating and your comment on the recipe below, how you have succeeded and tasted the currant ice cream.
Mascarpone ice cream with black currants
- 120 g fresh black currants
- 120 g mascarpone
- 150 g cream (cold)
- 60 g powdered sugar
- If you want to remove all the seeds and skins from the ice cream, first puree the black currants, pass them through a sieve and then mix them with mascarpone and powdered sugar. If you don't want to filter out any of the berries, just puree them together with mascarpone and powdered sugar until homogeneous.
- Whip the cream until stiff.
- Add the whipped cream to the currant and mascarpone mixture and mix gently until creamy and homogeneous.
- Transfer the ice cream mixture to sealable containers and refrigerate for about 4 hours until the ice cream mixture is firm. Let the ice cream stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving to prevent it from becoming hard.
- It is best to use fresh black currants.
- Adjust the amount of powdered sugar to taste.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making your own mascarpone ice cream with black currants at the top of the post.