Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
How to make chocolate at home – isn’t that what all those with a sweet tooth ask? By the way, this is very easy and with only three main ingredients. You can refine the homemade chocolate as you like and thus create the most delicious chocolate in the world for you. It’s also healthier than supermarket chocolate, because you decide which ingredients you use to make it, and you can reduce or eliminate sugar and unnecessary additives. A detailed vegan chocolate recipe with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions can be found below.
You can make chocolate in a wide variety of flavors. Refine the chocolate mass with ingredients of your choice and create your own favorite chocolate. For example, you can use any nuts or seeds, dried or candied fruit. Coconut chips, marzipan, cookies and cornflakes are just as good for refining the homemade chocolate. Various spices, such as vanilla, cinnamon, chili powder, make the chocolate not only particularly tasty, but also aromatic. You can also experiment with a combination of several ingredients. If you add some nut puree to the chocolate mass, your chocolate will end up creamy. With gingerbread spice you get a Christmas chocolate.
How to make chocolate – ideas for refining:
- nuts – hazelnuts, almonds, pistachios,
- dried or candied fruits – raisins, dried cranberries, candied ginger, coconut flakes, banana chips,
- cookies – butter cookies, speculoos broken into small pieces,
- cornflakes or cereals,
- spices – vanilla, cinnamon, chili or gingerbread spice for Christmas chocolate,
- seeds – cashew, pumpkin, sunflower seeds,
- marzipan raw paste,
- peppermint oil or dried peppermint,
- orange or lemon zest,
- edible flowers – for a particularly pretty look,
- amaretto, liqueur, rum or cognac – a dash of it,
- nut puree – for creamy chocolate,
- seeds – sesame, poppy,
- sea salt.
Where can I get cocoa butter?
Cocoa butter is the main ingredient used in the production of chocolate. It is the fat extracted from cocoa beans. Cocoa butter is yellowish in color, sometimes dark, and is sold commercially in the form of lentils or broken pieces. You can buy it in some supermarkets, organic stores, or online.
Pouring homemade chocolate
You can pour the liquid chocolate mixture into any baking pan. Just line it with baking paper beforehand so that you can easily remove the chocolate from the pan after it sets. A baking tray is also suitable. Of course, you can also use the silicone chocolate molds intended for chocolate making.
How to make healthy sugar free chocolate?
Instead of industrial sugar, you can use agave syrup or maple syrup to sweeten your chocolate. In the recipe below, simply replace powdered sugar with a natural sweetener of your choice and adjust its amount according to your taste. This way you get healthy sugar free chocolate. It’s best not to use regular granulated sugar in the recipe, because it won’t dissolve completely even when melted with cocoa butter, so you might taste sugar crystals in your chocolate later. In addition, it combines poorly with the other ingredients, such as cocoa butter.
How to make vegan chocolate?
Classic homemade chocolate is usually vegan because it consists only of cocoa butter, cocoa powder and a sweetener. As for the last ingredient, for vegan chocolate you have to do without honey. In addition, you must make sure that cookies or cornflakes are vegan if you want to refine the homemade chocolate with them.
Homemade chocolate as a gift
The homemade chocolate you can not only eat yourself. It is also an ideal homemade gift from the kitchen, which is guaranteed to please any sweet tooth. Wrap it up nicely and give it to your favorite person for a special occasion, such as a birthday, Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Christmas or Easter.
Homemade chocolate is
- very chocolaty,
- not too sweet,
- also possible sugar free,
- to make in different flavors,
- healthier than store-bought,
- easy and quick to make with three main ingredients,
- perfect for snacking or giving as a gift.
Basic chocolate recipe with 3 ingredients
Making vegan chocolate yourself is very easy. For this recipe you only need three main ingredients. Here you can get a rough idea of how the preparation works and what you need for it. The exact quantities and step-by-step instructions how to make chocolate at home can be found in the recipe box below.
For homemade chocolate you need
- cocoa butter,
- cocoa powder,
- powdered sugar or another sweetener.
How to make vegan chocolate: here’s how (Check out the detailed recipe below.)
- First, melt cocoa butter in a water bath and then stir in cocoa powder and powdered sugar.
- Now pour the chocolate mass into a suitable mold, refine it alternatively with nuts, fruits, spices to taste and let it solidify. Done!
How to make chocolate: tips and tricks
- For darker chocolate, you can add more cocoa powder, so take cocoa butter and cocoa powder in a ratio of about 1:1.
- Only use baking cocoa without sugar and not drinking cocoa to make chocolate yourself.
- You can adjust the amount of powdered sugar in the recipe to taste.
- Instead of powdered sugar, you can use agave syrup or maple syrup as a sweetener. It is best not to use ordinary granulated sugar, because it does not dissolve completely when melted together with cocoa butter, so that you can later taste sugar crystals in your chocolate. In addition, it combines poorly with the other ingredients.
- Depending on how thick you make your chocolate bars, they may need more or less time to set.
- Store your homemade chocolate in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for about two weeks this way. Its shelf life also depends on the ingredients with which you refine it.
Have you made chocolate according to this recipe? I’m looking forward to your results, your star rating and your comment below about how you made the candy and how it tasted. What did you spice it up with, and what’s your favorite chocolate?
Work up an appetite for more chocolatey vegan recipes? Try:
- Vegan chocolate mousse – the best recipe with aquafaba, no eggs
- How to make snickers: (vegan) recipe for peanut caramel chocolate bars
- Chocolate zucchini bread vegan – so moist and so chocolaty
How to make chocolate (chocolate recipe)
- 100 g cocoa butter
- 70 g cocoa powder
- 40 g powdered sugar
- nuts, coconut chips, dried fruit, cookies, spices, etc. (optional)
- Melt cocoa butter slowly over low heat in a water bath.
- Take the bowl with the melted cocoa butter out of the water bath, add cocoa powder and mix it to a homogeneous mass.
- Add powdered sugar and optionally any spices, like vanilla, and stir it until you get a creamy mass without lumps.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a suitable silicone chocolate mold or a baking pan lined with baking paper.
- Optionally, top the chocolate mixture with nuts, dried fruit, coconut chips, depending on your taste, first let it set a bit at room temperature and then put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes more until it sets completely.
- Use only baking cocoa without sugar and not drinking cocoa.
- You can adjust the amount of powdered sugar to taste.
- Instead of powdered sugar, you can use agave syrup or maple syrup as sweeteners. It is best not to use ordinary granulated sugar, because even when melted together with cocoa butter, it does not dissolve completely and combines poorly with the other ingredients.
- Depending on how thick the chocolate bars are, they may need more or less time to set.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making chocolate at the top of the post.