Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Moist coconut filling and tender chocolate coating – doesn’t it sound like an irresistibly delicious temptation?! Not without reason, the famous coconut chocolate bars, which consist of exactly this combination, are so popular everywhere. Here I’ll show you how to make bounty yourself, which, unlike the original, uses less sugar as well as no additives and therefore tastes much more delicious. A detailed bounty recipe with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions can be found below.
Moist coconut mass in sweet chocolate
Moist on the inside and chocolatey on the outside, these homemade coconut chocolate bars taste great. Aromatic coconut mass coated in sweet milk chocolate – that’s what this bounty alternative is made of, and you definitely won’t be able to resist it once you try it. The bar tastes not too sweet and heavenly delicious.
For all coconut lovers
If you love coconut and love to snack on anything with coconut in it, this bounty recipe is for you. You can’t get much more coconut flavor and aroma than what’s in this homemade bounty. After all, the main ingredient in it is shredded coconut. The coconut chocolate bars are a great alternative to conventional sweets from the supermarket. Because homemade always tastes best, as we all know. This makes snacking more fun!
Why make bounty yourself?
When you make bounty yourself, you know what ingredients are in it. Because you decide what you use in the recipe and can do without additives that have no place in food. The homemade coconut chocolate bars also don’t taste overly sweet, unlike those from the supermarket. You can even adjust the amount of sugar in the recipe to your taste. And last but not least, the homemade bounty simply tastes much better than the store-bought one.
Coconut chocolate bars as a gift
These coconut chocolate bars you can not only nibble yourself, but also give away. They are a nice homemade gift from the kitchen, which is guaranteed to please especially those with a sweet tooth. For example, the bounty bars are ideal for giving as a gift at Christmas. They also pass as a last minute gift.
These homemade bounty bars are
- not too sweet,
- incredibly delicious,
- ideal for snacking or giving as a gift,
- easy to make yourself with just a few ingredients.
Bounty recipe: how to make the coconut chocolate bars
The bounty recipe is very easy and comes with only a few ingredients. Here you can get a rough idea of how the making works and what you need for it. The exact quantities and step-by-step instructions for making bounty yourself can be found in the recipe box below. For the bounty recipe you need
- first of all shredded coconut,
- then milk,
- and butter.
For the chocolate glaze you need
- milk chocolate
- and some vegetable oil.
How to make bounty: here’s how (Check out the detailed recipe below).
- First, heat the mixture of milk, sugar and butter until all the ingredients are well mixed. Then take the mixture off the heat, add shredded coconut and let the coconut mixture stand for a short time.
- Now form small bars from the mixture and freeze them so that they become firm.
- Then dip the coconut bars into the chocolate glaze made with melted milk chocolate and vegetable oil. Done!
How to make bounty: with these tips and tricks you will succeed in making the coconut chocolate bars
- You can adjust the amount of sugar given in the recipe to your taste, depending on how sweet you like the coconut chocolate bars.
- Depending on how dry your shredded coconut is, you might need more or less liquid for the coconut mixture. If your coconut mixture is too dry, add a little milk. If the mixture is mushy, add some more shredded coconut.
- Instead of milk chocolate, you can also use dark chocolate for the glaze.
- Store the homemade coconut chocolate bars in the refrigerator. Take them out of the fridge before snacking and let them sit at room temperature for a bit. They taste best after that.
Have you made bounty bars yourself using this recipe? I look forward to hearing your results, your star rating, and your comment below about how you liked and enjoyed the coconut chocolate bars.
Looking for more recipes to snack on? Also try:
How to make bounty (coconut chocolate bars recipe)
- 170 g shredded coconut
- 70 ml milk
- 70 g sugar
- 70 g butter
- 1 pinch of salt
for the chocolate glaze
- 100 g milk chocolate
- 10 ml vegetable oil
- Put milk, sugar, butter and salt in a small saucepan and heat it, stirring constantly, until the butter and sugar have melted and a homogeneous mass has formed.
- Take the mixture off the heat, add shredded coconut, stir thoroughly and let the mixture sit for about 20 minutes. If the mixture is too dry, add some milk. If the mixture is mushy, add some more shredded coconut.
- Form small bars from the coconut mixture and put them in the freezer for 1 hour.
Making the chocolate glaze
- Melt milk chocolate together with vegetable oil.
- Dip the coconut bars one by one in the chocolate glaze, spread them on a sheet of baking paper and let them dry in the refrigerator.
- The amount of sugar can be adjusted to taste.
- Instead of milk chocolate, dark chocolate works for the glaze.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making bounty bars at the top of the post.