Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Juicy, crunchy and spicy taste these battered zucchini. The recipe for it is very simple and especially ideal for the zucchini season. At a barbecue party, the finger food is guaranteed to go in a flash. Plus, you can serve the fried zucchini as a side dish or appetizer. They are delicious both hot and cold and convenient to take along. You can find a detailed fried zucchini recipe with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions right below.
Juicy on the inside, crispy on the outside
The battered zucchini tastes very juicy and fresh on the inside. Their surface, on the other hand, is flavorful and, especially right after frying, really crispy. The combination makes for a delicious snack that you just can’t get enough of.
How to season and refine fried zucchini?
In addition to salt and pepper, you can season the batter used to coat the zucchini slices with any other spices you like. Instead of dill, you can use other herbs, such as parsley. Also adjust the amount of garlic to taste or omit garlic completely. You can also add some grated cheese to the batter.
As finger food, side dish, appetizer, on the go
The fried zucchini taste delicious warm or cold. They are ideal as a side dish for lunch or dinner. They also make a great finger food for a party, including a barbecue, as a snack between meals, as an appetizer, and to take on the go.
Zucchini fried with sauce
Serve the fried zucchini with a dip, sauce or sour cream. For example, tzatziki sauce goes perfectly with it. Or prepare the sour cream and garlic dip I once made for my zucchini sticks.
These battered zucchini are
- very tasty,
- healthy – with lots of vegetables,
- delicious hot and cold,
- easy and quick to make,
- ideal as a snack, side dish, appetizer, to go.
Quick fried zucchini recipe
This vegetarian fried zucchini recipe is very easy and quick. Besides, you need only a few ingredients for it. Here you can get a rough idea of how the preparation goes and what you need for it. The exact quantities and step-by-step instructions for making the battered zucchini can be found in the box recipe below.
- fresh zucchini, of course
and for the batter
- sour cream,
- dill finely chopped – or other herbs,
- garlic finely chopped or pressed,
- salt and pepper.
For rolling add some flour and for frying add vegetable oil.
How to make fried zucchini: here’s how (Check out the detailed recipe at the bottom.)
- Cut zucchini into thin slices, salt them and let them sit for a short time so that water comes out.
- For the batter, simply mix all the ingredients together to make a thick batter.
- Now roll the wet zucchini slices first in flour, then dip them in the batter and fry them in vegetable oil until golden brown. Done!
How to make fried zucchini: tips and tricks
- Cut zucchini into slices that are not too thick (no thicker than 0.5 cm), so that they cook from the inside during frying.
- You can refine the batter with more spices and herbs.
- You can adjust the amount of garlic according to your taste.
- The amount of flour in the recipe may vary. Add flour in batches to the other ingredients until you get a thick batter.
- Do not fry the zucchini slices too quickly over high heat, or they will not be cooked on the inside.
Have you made fried zucchini using this recipe? I’m looking forward to your results, your star rating and your comment here below on how they turned out and tasted to you.
Looking for more zucchini recipes? Try:
- Hearty rice casserole with zucchini and feta cheese – vegetarian recipe
- Baked zucchini: vegetarian recipe for zucchini slices with feta
- Zucchini fritters crispy juicy – quick recipe with few ingredients
Fried zucchini / battered zucchini
- 270 g zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 80 g sour cream
- approx. 60 g flour
- 1 bunch dill small
- 2 cloves of garlic
- vegetable oil for frying
for the rolling
- approx. 40 g flour
- Cut zucchini into slices about 0.5 cm thick, put them in a large mixing bowl, salt them and let them sit for about 10 minutes, mixing occasionally. Water will come out of the zucchini as you do this.
- Chop dill and finely chop garlic or press it through a press.
- Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl. Add sour cream, dill and garlic, mix until homogeneous and season with salt and pepper.
- Add flour in batches to the egg-sour cream mixture and mix until thick.
- Put flour in a clean bowl for rolling.
- Add plenty of vegetable oil to pan and heat over medium heat.
- Take a zucchini slice first, drip off any excess water from it, roll the wet slice in flour and then dip it into the batter so that it is completely coated with it. Immediately put the zucchini slice in the batter into the pan. Repeat the same with the other zucchini slices and fry them over low to medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Cut zucchini into slices that are not too thick (no thicker than 0.5 cm) so that they cook from the inside during frying.
- The amount of flour indicated may vary. Add flour in batches to the other ingredients until you get a thick batter.
- Do not fry the zucchini slices too quickly over high heat, otherwise they will not be cooked from the inside.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the fried zucchini at the top of the post.