Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
This delicious chocolate cake tastes heavenly moist and chocolaty. It comes completely without flour and is therefore gluten-free. What’s more, you only need four ingredients to quickly make the cake yourself at home. It is ideal as a dessert during the week or nicely decorated for a party. You can find a detailed recipe for the flourless chocolate cake with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions here at the bottom.
You didn’t mishear, and flour wasn’t forgotten here in the ingredient list either. In fact, this chocolate cake doesn’t need any flour at all, and it doesn’t use nuts or almonds, which are often used as flour alternatives. It thus passes perfectly as a delicious dessert. Moreover, it is also suitable for those who suffer from gluten intolerance.
Heavenly moist and chocolaty
This chocolate cake contains a generous portion of chocolate, making it taste appropriately heavenly chocolaty. Since chocolate affects the taste of the cake quite a bit, use some for the recipe that is high quality. Besides, the chocolate cake is very moist in taste. The only important thing is not to bake it longer than necessary, otherwise it might become dry instead of moist.
What kind of chocolate can I use?
Use good quality chocolate for the recipe, because the taste of the flourless chocolate cake depends greatly on it. I made the cake this time with dark chocolate, which has a high cocoa content and contains little sugar. This makes it taste very chocolaty. I had also made the cake with milk chocolate before. It was just as delicious. Just note that depending on how sweet your chocolate is, you should adjust the amount of powdered sugar to taste.
How to serve and decorate flourless chocolate cake?
The flourless chocolate cake tastes delicious on its own. However, you can serve it with fresh fruit, homemade ice cream, for example with plombir ice cream, or with vanilla sauce. If you make it for a special occasion, decorate it nicely so that your guests will be delighted not only with its taste but also with its appearance. I cut my cake into pieces and sprinkled them alternately with cocoa powder as well as powdered sugar. I also decorated each piece with fresh raspberries and peppermint leaves. Such a decoration is quick and makes the cake an eye-catcher on the dining table.
This flourless chocolate cake is
- very moist,
- heavenly chocolaty,
- made with only four ingredients,
- easy and quick to make,
- perfect for all chocolate lovers,
- nicely decorated an eye-catcher on the dining table.
Quick 4 ingredient recipe for flourless chocolate cake
The recipe for the flourless chocolate cake is very simple and fast. Besides, you only need four ingredients for it. From these ingredients you make a batter, put it in the baking pan and put it in the oven. Here you can get a rough idea of how the making goes, and what you need for the recipe. The exact quantities and step-by-step instructions you can follow to make the chocolate cake without flour yourself can be found here below in the box recipe.
For the flourless chocolate cake recipe you need only
- chocolate – I had dark chocolate,
- eggs – yolks separated from whites
- and powdered sugar – the amount according to your taste.
How to make flourless chocolate cake: here’s how to do it (Check out the detailed recipe at the bottom.)
- First, melt chocolate together with butter and let it cool down a bit. Beat the egg yolks until they are fluffy and then stir them into the chocolate-butter mixture. Now whip egg whites with powdered sugar until stiff and fold in the beaten egg whites of the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the fluffy batter into the baking pan and bake the flourless chocolate cake at 170 °C for about 40 minutes. Done!
How to make flourless chocolate cake: tips and tricks
- Use good quality dark chocolate for the flourless chocolate cake.
- Instead of dark chocolate you can use milk chocolate.
- You can adjust the amount of powdered sugar in the recipe to taste, also depending on how sweet your chocolate is.
- For vanilla, you can use vanilla sugar, vanilla powder, vanilla extract or vanilla bean scraped out. You can also just omit vanilla.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the chocolate mixture so that you end up with a fluffy mixture.
- To bake the chocolate cake without flour, I used a Ø 20 cm baking pan.
- Do not bake the flourless chocolate cake longer than necessary, otherwise it might taste dry instead of moist. Test the cake to see if it is done. To do this, briefly insert a wooden skewer into the center of the chocolate cake and see if it comes out almost clean. If the wooden skewer remains smeared in raw batter, you still need to bake the cake. If a few moist crumbs remain on the wooden skewer, it’s done. If the wooden skewer comes out dry, you may have baked the cake too long.
- You can decorate the cake as you like or serve it without any decoration.
- Serve the flourless chocolate cake plain, with fresh fruit, ice cream or vanilla sauce.
Did you make the flourless chocolate cake according to this recipe? I’m looking forward to your result, your star rating and your comment here below on how you succeeded and enjoyed the moist 4-ingredient chocolate cake.
In the mood for more chocolatey recipes? Try:
- Chocolate banana bread: Recipe for moist chocolate cake with bananas
- Zucchini brownies – the moistest and chocolatiest in the world
- Mini chocolate sponge cakes – easy recipe for chocolate eye-catchers
Flourless chocolate cake
- Ø 20 cm large springform pan
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 125 g butter
- 5 eggs
- 120 g powdered sugar
- vanilla (alternative)
- butter to grease the baking pan
for the decorating (alternative)
- fresh raspberries
- peppermint leaves
- cocoa powder
- powdered sugar
- Line the bottom of the springform pan with baking paper and grease the rim with butter.
- Slowly melt dark chocolate together with butter and let it cool a bit.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites.
- Beat egg yolks with vanilla until fluffy and light.
- Add the liquid chocolate-butter mixture and mix until homogeneous.
- Beat egg whites with powdered sugar until stiff.
- Fold the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture to make an airy batter.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan, smooth it out and bake the chocolate cake in a preheated oven at 170 °C top and bottom heat for about 40 minutes.
- Let the flourless chocolate cake cool a bit in the baking pan, then take it out of the pan and let it cool completely.
Decorating the flourless chocolate cake (alternative)
- Turn the chocolate cake with the bottom up and cut it into pieces.
- Sprinkle half of the cake pieces with cocoa powder, the other half with powdered sugar and place the white and dark pieces alternately in the shape of a cake on a flat plate.
- Decorate each cake piece with fresh raspberries and mint leaves.
- Use good quality dark chocolate. You can use milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate.
- Adjust the amount of powdered sugar to taste, also depending on how sweet the chocolate is.
- Vanilla options include vanilla sugar, vanilla powder, vanilla extract or vanilla bean scraped out. However, you can also simply omit vanilla.
- Do not bake the flourless chocolate cake longer than necessary or it may taste dry instead of moist. Do a chopstick test to check if it is done baking.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the flourless chocolate cake at the top of the post.