Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
This strawberry pound cake tastes really summery. It is fruity, moist and fluffy at the same time. In addition, you can quickly make the pound cake with strawberries from ordinary ingredients. Especially when strawberries are in season, the cake is simply a must on the dining table. You can find a detailed recipe for the easy strawberry pound cake with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions here at the very bottom.
Fruity, moist, fluffy
Strawberries give this pound cake a fruity note and make it moist. At the same time, the batter, which is prepared with sour cream, is heavenly fluffy after baking. So the strawberry cake tastes airy, light, fruity and moist – just summery.
Easy strawberry pound cake
You can make this strawberry cake at home in no time. It consists of batter, which is ready very quickly. All you have to do is mix all the ingredients together. Then you spread strawberries in the batter and let the oven do its work. You will have a delicious summer dessert on your table.
Ideal summer cake
The strawberry cake is perfect for summer because it tastes really fruity and moist. As soon as the strawberry season starts, you should definitely try it. And because the cake is ready in a flash, you won’t have to spend too long in the kitchen on a warm summer day with this recipe.
How to serve easy strawberry pound cake?
The strawberry cake tastes heavenly delicious on its own. I still sprinkled it with powdered sugar to make it taste a little sweeter and look prettier. You can still enjoy it with a scoop of ice cream, for example plombir, or with vanilla sauce. Or serve it with a dash of strawberry syrup, which makes the cake even more fruity, sweet and summery.
This pound cake with strawberries is
- not too sweet,
- incredibly tasty,
- easy and quick to make with common ingredients,
- ideal cake for the strawberry season,
- perfect for dessert during the week or for a summer party.
Quick and easy strawberry cake recipe
The strawberry cake recipe is very simple and fast, after all it is a pound cake. Here you can get a rough idea of how the preparation goes, and what you need for it. The exact quantities and step-by-step instructions, according to which you can make the easy strawberry cake, you can find here below in the box recipe.
For the strawberry cake recipe you need
- fresh strawberries, of course – diced and whole,
- sour cream,
- vegetable oil,
- baking powder
- and vanilla.
Easy strawberry pound cake: here’s how to make it (Check out the detailed recipe at the bottom.)
- First, beat eggs with sugar until fluffy, then stir in sour cream, vegetable oil and vanilla. Now, gradually add flour mixed with baking powder and mix until you get a thick batter.
- Now pour half of the batter into the baking pan, spread chopped strawberries on it, pour the remaining batter on top and spread whole strawberries on the batter.
- Bake the pound cake with strawberries at 180 °C for about 60 minutes. Done!
Easy strawberry pound cake: with these tips and tricks you will succeed
- You can adjust the amount of sugar to taste.
- Instead of sour cream, you can use natural yogurt. Then you may need to adjust the amount of flour to make a thick batter.
- For vanilla, you can use vanilla sugar, vanilla powder, vanilla extract or vanilla bean scraped out.
- In any case, do not stir the batter too long, but only briefly until a homogeneous consistency. Otherwise, your strawberry cake might taste rubbery instead of fluffy after baking.
- For baking the strawberry cake I used a Ø 20 cm baking springform pan.
Did you make the easy strawberry pound cake according to this recipe? I’m looking forward to your result, your star rating and your comment here below, how you succeeded and tasted the summery cake.
Got an appetite for more summer cakes? Try:
- Fruit curd cake with crumbles – each piece tastes different
- Black currant cake with kefir – quick summer cake recipe
- Sheet cake with yogurt and berries – quick recipe with sprinkles
Easy strawberry pound cake
- Ø 20 cm large baking pan
- 450 g strawberries cleaned
- 250 g sour cream
- 200 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- approx. 250 g flour
- 8 g baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of turmeric powder (alternatively for the color)
- butter to grease the baking pan
for the dusting
- powdered sugar
- Line the bottom of the baking pan with baking paper and grease the sides with butter.
- Set aside 200 g strawberries and cut the remaining 250 g strawberries into cubes.
- Beat eggs and sugar to an airy light mass.
- Add sour cream, vegetable oil, vanilla, salt, and alternatively turmeric powder and mix until homogeneous.
- Mix flour with baking powder, add it in batches to the sour cream-egg-sugar mixture and mix briefly to form a thick batter.
- Pour about half of the batter into the baking pan, spread the diced strawberries on top, pour the remaining batter on top of the strawberry pieces and spread the whole strawberries set aside on top of the batter.
- Bake the strawberry cake in a preheated oven at 180 °C top and bottom heat for about 60 minutes, covering it with baking paper after about 40 minutes of baking time so that the surface does not burn.
- Let the strawberry cake cool down and dust it with powdered sugar.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar according to your taste.
- Instead of sour cream you can use natural yogurt. Then you may need to adjust the amount of flour to make a thick batter.
- As vanilla go among other things vanilla sugar, vanilla powder, vanilla extract or vanilla bean scraped out.
- In no case stir the batter too long, but only briefly until a homogeneous consistency. Otherwise, the strawberry cake might taste rubbery instead of fluffy after baking.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the strawberry pound cake at the top of the post.