Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Heavenly moist, fluffy, soft, aromatic and so delicious is vegan coconut cake with coconut milk. Decorated with powdered sugar icing and coconut flakes, it is also an eye-catcher in white on the dining table. You can make the coconut sponge cake in a flash. For the recipe you need only a few ingredients. A detailed vegan coconut cake recipe with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions can be found below.
Vegan coconut cake with coconut milk
This coconut cake doesn’t use butter, margarine or vegetable oil. Instead, it’s baked with creamy coconut milk. This makes it incredibly moist, but at the same time fluffy and soft. Not only for a moist consistency, but for an irresistible aroma coconut milk provides in the cake – and of course for the taste of coconut. So especially coconut lovers simply must have tried this sponge cake. I am also sure that it can convince just as not only coconut fans.
Moist sponge cake
A generous helping of coconut milk goes into the batter for this vegan cake. Still not enough of the coconut? No problem! Coconut flakes are added to the batter as well. And as if it were still not enough coconut flavor, the sponge cake is sprinkled with coconut flakes after baking. I guess you can’t get more coconut flavor than that!
Quick coconut cake vegan
This cake is not only vegan and incredibly delicious. You can make it yourself in a flash. For the batter, you just need to mix all the dry ingredients together and then add coconut milk. Now the dough goes into the baking pan and then into the oven. All that remains is to wait for the oven to do its job. And then you can start enjoying it.
Vegan coconut cake in loaf pan
This moist coconut cake with coconut milk I had baked in a 25 cm x 10 cm loaf pan. Alternatively, you can also bake it in another form. For example, a round springform pan is well suited for it. You can also use a bundt pan for it. Note that depending on the size of your baking pan, the baking time specified in the recipe may vary greatly. It is important not to overbake the coconut sponge cake, otherwise it will not taste moist in the end, but rather dry.
Eye candy in white
If you want to make this simple vegan sponge cake with coconut milk an eye-catcher on the dining table, you should definitely cover it with powdered sugar icing and dust it with coconut flakes. Instead of coconut flakes, you can also use coconut chips. The frosting is done in a snap. Decorating takes only a few minutes. This way, you don’t have to do much more work and turn the quick cake into a festive dessert that can be served at any party.
How to store the sponge cake with coconut milk
In the next few days, the vegan coconut cake will still taste just as moist and fluffy as it does right after baking. To prevent it from drying out in the process, store it in an airtight container, such as a lunch box. You should store the cake in the refrigerator, where it will keep for about 5 days.
This sponge cake is
- vegan – without animal products,
- heavenly moist,
- not too sweet,
- very tasty,
- with creamy coconut milk,
- with coconut flakes,
- easy and quick to make from common ingredients,
- decorated with powdered sugar icing and coconut flakes and thus an eye-catcher on the dining table,
- ideal for dessert during the week, with coffee, tea at the weekend or for a celebration.
Moist coconut cake vegan: the recipe
You can find the exact quantities and step-by-step instructions for making the vegan coconut cake yourself here below in the box recipe.
This recipe is really, really easy and quick. For this you need
- coconut milk,
- shredded coconut,
- baking powder
- and vanilla.
If you also want to decorate the cake with icing, you will need some powdered sugar and lemon juice.
How to make coconut cake vegan: this is how it works
- Mix all dry ingredients together, add coconut milk and vanilla and mix briefly to a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased and floured loaf pan, bake the cake at 170 °C for about 45 minutes and let it cool.
- For the icing, mix the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Pour it over the vegan coconut cake and sprinkle with coconut flakes. Done!
Moist coconut cake vegan: with these tips and tricks it will turn out perfectly
- You can adjust the amount of sugar for the cake to taste, depending on how sweet you like it.
- For example, vanilla sugar, vanilla powder, vanilla extract or vanilla bean scraped out go as vanilla.
- Do not stir the dough too long, but only briefly, until it has a homogeneous consistency.
- Instead of baking in a loaf pan, you can bake the cake in another baking pan. See my notes here above.
- Be sure to grease the baking pan thoroughly and then dust it with flour (tapping off any excess flour) so that you can remove the cake from the pan after baking.
- Depending on the size of your baking pan, the baking time listed in the recipe may vary.
- To check if the vegan cake is done baking, do a chopstick test. To do this, briefly insert a long toothpick into the center of the cake and see if it stays almost clean after coming out. If the toothpick stays smeared in raw batter, you still need to bake the cake. If only a few moist crumbs remain on the toothpick, the cake is done. If the toothpick comes out dry, you may have baked the cake too long, and it may not end up tasting as moist as it should.
Did you make the moist vegan coconut cake using this recipe? I look forward to your results, your star rating and your comment on the recipe below about how you liked and succeeded in making the coconut sponge cake with coconut milk.
Fancy more quick and delicious vegan cake recipes? Try also:
- Orange poppy seed cake vegan – quick recipe for moist pound cake
- Carrot cake vegan – recipe for moist healthy cake without sugar
Coconut cake vegan
- 25 cm x 10 cm loaf pan
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 50 g shredded coconut
- 150 g sugar
- 300 g flour
- 10 g baking powder
- vegan margarine to grease the baking pan
- flour for dusting the baking pan
for the powdered sugar icing
- 100 g powdered sugar
- approx. 15 ml lemon juice
- coconut flakes
- Grease the loaf pan with vegan margarine and dust with flour, tapping off the excess flour.
- Mix flour, sugar, shredded coconut and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add coconut milk (you can heat it briefly in a water bath to get a homogeneous consistency) and vanilla and mix briefly to a thick batter. (Follow my tips and tricks for this here at the top of the post).
- Pour the batter into the greased and floured loaf pan and bake the cake in a preheated oven at 170 °C top and bottom heat for about 45 minutes. Let it cool to warm in the baking pan, then take it out of the pan and let it cool to room temperature.
Preparation of the powdered sugar icing
- Put powdered sugar in a small bowl, add lemon juice gradually, stirring until you get a viscous white glaze.
Decorating the coconut cake
- Pour the powdered sugar icing over the coconut cake and sprinkle with coconut flakes.
- The amount of sugar for the cake can be adjusted to taste.
- Do not mix the batter for too long in any case, but only briefly until it reaches a homogeneous consistency.
- Be sure to thoroughly grease and flour the baking pan so that the cake can be removed from the pan after baking.
- Do not bake the vegan coconut cake for too long. To check if it is done baking, do a chopstick test.
- The time to cool the cake is not included in the preparation time.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making vegan coconut cake at the top of the post.