Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Chocolatey, tender and heavenly delicious tastes this pudding dessert. It comes without gelatin and other animal products and is therefore vegan. Serve the chocolate jelly with vanilla sauce, cream or fruit for dessert after dinner. You can easily make it with a few common ingredients. You can find a detailed chocolate jelly recipe with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions here at the very bottom.
Chocolate jelly with agar agar and without gelatin
This recipe does not use gelatin. Instead, the vegetable gelling agent agar agar provides the necessary consistency of the dessert. Depending on the gel strength of your agar agar, you might need more or less of it for the recipe to make the chocolate jelly firm but not too hard at the same time. I use agar agar with gel strength 900 and need 5 g of it for this chocolate pudding dessert. You may have to experiment with your vegetable gelling agent several times before the chocolate jelly gets the consistency you want. It is important that you buy pure agar agar without additives. Study the list of ingredients on the packaging.
How to serve vegan chocolate pudding dessert?
The chocolate jelly tastes delicious on its own. But you can also spice it up with different toppings. For example, serve the chocolate pudding dessert with whipped cream to add a creamy touch. Fresh fruit or a fruit salad also goes very well with the chocolate jelly. You can also serve a chocolate or vanilla sauce with it. Chopped chocolate gives the jelly even more chocolatey flavor.
In what form do I make chocolate jelly?
I made the chocolate pudding dessert in an approximately 25 cm x 10 cm loaf pan. Among other things, a round baking springform pan or a bundt pan will work instead. You can also let the chocolate jelly set in small ramekins. This way you get ready-made small portions that are easy to serve. It is important that you either use a silicone mold or line the corresponding mold with baking paper so that you can easily remove the dessert later.
This dessert is
- not too sweet,
- vegan – without gelatin, without egg and without cow’s milk,
- easy to make with a few ingredients,
- ideal for dessert pure, with sauce or fruit.
Vegan chocolate jelly recipe
The vegan chocolate jelly recipe is very simple. The only thing is that the dessert needs a few hours to set. Here you can form a rough idea of how the preparation goes, and what you need for it. You can find the exact quantities and step-by-step instructions on how to make the vegan chocolate pudding dessert yourself here below in the box recipe.
- chocolate – I had dark chocolate,
- soy milk,
- cocoa powder,
- agar agar.
How to make vegan chocolate jelly: here’s how (Check out the detailed recipe at the bottom.)
- Melt the chocolate. Combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a boil while stirring, and simmer for 3 minutes. Then stir in the melted chocolate.
- Now pour the chocolate mixture into a suitable mold, let it cool down a bit at room temperature and refrigerate it until it solidifies. Done!
How to make chocolate jelly: tips and tricks
- You can adjust the amount of sugar according to your taste.
- Instead of dark chocolate you can also use milk chocolate. In this case, you may have to reduce the amount of sugar.
- The amount of agar agar given in the recipe may vary, depending on the gel strength of your agar agar. Please refer to my notes above.
- If you don’t necessarily want the chocolate pudding dessert to be vegan, you can use cow’s milk instead of soy milk.
- Be sure to line the mold that the chocolate pudding dessert should set in with baking paper, if it’s not silicone, so you can easily get it out later.
Did you make the chocolate jelly yourself using this recipe? I’m looking forward to your results, your star rating and your comment here below on how you liked and succeeded in making the vegan chocolate pudding dessert.
Fancy more vegan dessert recipes? Also try:
- Vegan apricot zefir – quick recipe for fruit zephyr without egg
- Vegan chocolate mousse – the best recipe with aquafaba, no eggs
- Banana ice cream: 6 delicious recipes for vegan nice cream
Chocolate jelly / chocolate pudding dessert vegan
- 25 cm x 10 cm loaf pan
- 150 g dark chocolate vegan
- 750 ml soy milk
- 150 g sugar
- 45 g cocoa powder
- approx. 5 g agar agar (gel strength 900 in my case)
- Line loaf pan with baking paper.
- Slowly melt dark chocolate.
- Put soy milk, sugar, cocoa powder and agar agar in a thick-bottomed saucepan and mix until homogeneous without lumps.
- Bring the mixture to a boil in the saucepan, stirring constantly, and then simmer for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the melted dark chocolate.
- Pour chocolate mixture into loaf pan, let cool slightly at room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours until set.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar to taste.
- Instead of dark chocolate, you can also use milk chocolate. Reduce the amount of sugar if necessary.
- The amount of agar agar given may vary, depending on the gel strength of the agar agar.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the vegan chocolate jelly at the top of the post.