Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Creamy, hearty and heavenly delicious is this Indian cauliflower curry. It warms with many spices on cold days from the inside and enchants with its irresistible aroma. In addition, the Indian dish is vegan, healthy and fills you up. Whether served plain, with rice or with flatbread – the cauliflower curry fits perfectly as a full meal for lunch or dinner. In no time at all and with just a few ingredients, you can conjure it up on the dining table. A detailed vegan cauliflower curry recipe with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions can be found here at the bottom.
Irresistible combination of vegetables, spices and coconut milk
Cauliflower and curry combine just perfectly in this Indian dish – the light, moist cabbage flavor and the spicy sweet curry flavor combined together. They are ideally complemented by the other vegetables such as carrot and bell bell pepper. Additional spices, for example turmeric, cumin or chili may not be missing. Even spicier and tastier make the curry with cauliflower ginger, garlic and onions. And of course coconut milk provides the creaminess of the sauce.
Indian cauliflower curry vegan
This dish consists only of vegetable ingredients and is therefore vegan. It does not contain any substitute products, as is the case with some vegan dishes, but only lots of vegetables, various spices, coconut milk and water. In terms of taste, the curry is guaranteed to convince not only vegans. Especially lovers of Indian cuisine and curry dishes will definitely get their taste.
Cauliflower curry with coconut milk
The cauliflower curry is made with coconut milk, which gives it a creamy touch. It also makes the dish more aromatic and flavorful. If you want the curry with cauliflower even creamier, you can use more coconut milk and less water for the recipe.
How to modify the recipe?
This cauliflower curry recipe is very versatile. You can modify it according to your preferences. As for the vegetables, I used carrot and bell bell pepper in addition to cauliflower. You can use other vegetables instead or in addition. Among others, potatoes, zucchini, sugar snap peas or sweet potatoes go very well with it. Potatoes and sweet potatoes must be peeled and cut into small cubes. Zucchini can be cut into cubes or slices. You can also make the curry with cauliflower only, without any other vegetables. In this case, it is best to replace water with vegetable broth in the recipe.
You can also experiment with spices in the Indian dish. Just season it the way it tastes perfect for you. You can also adjust the amount of spices given in the recipe as you like.
If you like the Indian curry a bit spicier, add more ginger. More garlic or chili also works, of course.
How to serve the Indian dish?
You can serve the vegan cauliflower curry with boiled rice or boiled potatoes. It tastes just as delicious with naan bread. But the Indian dish is also very tasty and filling on its own. Refine it with fresh herbs before serving. Serve the curry with cauliflower warm as a main dish for lunch or dinner. You can keep what is left over in the refrigerator and reheat it on the stove the next day.
This curry with cauliflower is
- very tasty,
- with lots of vegetables,
- easy and quick to make with common ingredients,
- ideal as a main dish for lunch or dinner.
Vegan cauliflower curry recipe
The vegan cauliflower curry recipe is very simple. In a flash, you’ll whip up a delicious, healthy and filling meal on the dinner table. Here you can get a rough idea of how the preparation works and what you need for the recipe. You can find the exact quantities and step-by-step instructions on how to make the cauliflower curry vegan here below in the box recipe.
For the recipe you will need
- mainly cauliflower – divided into florets,
- carrot and yellow bell pepper – cut into slices or cubes,
- onion, garlic and ginger – finely chopped,
- coconut milk and water,
- to taste curry powder, turmeric powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, lime juice,
- coconut oil for frying.
How to make Indian cauliflower curry: here’s how to do it (Check out the detailed recipe at the bottom.)
- First, saute onions in coconut oil until translucent. Then you add garlic and ginger and fry it briefly as well. Now add the spices and stir-fry again for a short time to release their aroma.
- Now add the vegetables and fry everything together for about 5 minutes.
- Then add coconut milk and water and simmer until the vegetables are cooked, seasoning with salt, pepper and lime juice. Done!
How to make cauliflower curry: tips and tricks
- You can refine the dish with other spices of your choice. You can also adjust the amount of spices according to your taste.
- In addition or instead of carrots and peppers, you can add other vegetables to the dish. For example, potatoes, zucchini, sugar snap peas or sweet potatoes go very well with it.
- Instead of water, you can make the dish with vegetable broth.
- For frying, you can use any vegetable oil instead of coconut oil.
Did you make the cauliflower curry vegan using this recipe? I’m looking forward to your result, your star rating and your comment here below, how you succeeded and tasted the Indian dish.
Got an appetite for more vegan delicious main dishes? Try:
- Indian chickpea curry vegan with rice: tastier than in the restaurant
- Red lentil dal – recipe for popular Indian vegan dish
- Vegan lasagna classic – the best recipe with lentil bolognese
- Mushroom stroganoff – vegan recipe for the popular Russian dish
- Ramen soup – vegan recipe for popular Japanese noodle soup
Cauliflower curry vegan
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 carrot
- 1 yellow bell bell pepper
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 230 ml water
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 20 g ginger
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (for frying)
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 pinch chili powder
- lime juice
- Divide cauliflower into florets, cut bell bell pepper into small cubes, carrot into thin slices, onion small, chop garlic and ginger finely.
- Melt coconut oil in a large frying pan. Add onion and fry until translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger and stir fry for about 1 minute.
- Add curry powder, turmeric powder, cumin and chili powder and stir fry for about 1 minute.
- Add cauliflower, carrot and bell bell pepper and fry over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add water and coconut milk, stir thoroughly and simmer until vegetables are cooked through, about 20 minutes, seasoning with salt, pepper and lime juice.
- You can refine the dish with other spices. You can also adjust the amount of spices to taste.
- In addition to or instead of carrots and peppers, you can add other vegetables to the dish. For example, potatoes, zucchini, sugar snap peas or sweet potatoes go very well with it.
- Instead of water, you can make the cauliflower curry with vegetable broth.
- For frying, you can use any vegetable oil instead of coconut oil.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making of cauliflower curry vegan above in the post.