Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
With lots of vegetables and so delicious is the vegetarian borscht without beets. The recipe for the Russian soup is simple, so you can cook it quickly and without much effort. A detailed recipe for the vegan borscht without beets with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions can be found below.
Borscht – but please without beet
Borscht is actually a Russian beet soup. It is also very popular in other Eastern European countries, such as Poland, Romania or Ukraine. Borscht has the consistency of a stew. There are many different borscht recipes, including vegetarian or without beets. Exactly such a recipe for vegan borscht without beets I show you here. So if you don’t tolerate beet or simply don’t like the vegetable, but still want to try Russian borscht, this recipe is just right for you.
What is borscht without beets made of?
The Russian soup without beets is prepared with tomato juice. It gives the soup its color. It also consists of various vegetables, such as white cabbage and potatoes. Fresh herbs, such as dill or parsley, and spices, especially dried bay leaves, must not be missing.
Healthy and delicious meal – simple recipe
Vegan borscht without beets contains a lot of vegetables, which makes it not only incredibly tasty, but also healthy. Moreover, it is quite easy to cook from common ingredients. You only need to sauté some of the vegetables and then cook all the ingredients. With this recipe you can quickly conjure up a wholesome meal on the dining table.
Serve borscht without beets
The Russian soup without beets is perfect as a main dish for lunch or dinner. You can serve bread with the vegetarian soup. Homemade bread tastes best in this case, of course. In addition, the Russian soup is served with a spoonful of sour cream and fresh herbs. By the way, it tastes even better the next day. So you can cook it in advance.
- is without beet,
- is vegan – without meat,
- is healthy,
- is with lots of vegetables,
- is very tasty,
- is low fat,
- is filling,
- is quick to cook from simple ingredients,
- is perfect for lunch and dinner,
- can be kept in the refrigerator for about 1 week.
Cooking borscht without beets: the recipe
You can find the exact quantities and step-by-step instructions for cooking vegetarian borscht without beets in the recipe box below.
For the recipe you will need tomato juice. For this you can puree fresh tomatoes. Then add various vegetables. These are potatoes, white cabbage, carrot, bell bell pepper and onion. For seasoning and more flavor you also need fresh herbs, dried bay leaves, black pepper and salt. For frying you will need some vegetable oil.
Cooking borscht without beets: this is how it works
- Cut bell bell pepper into cubes and onion into small pieces. Roughly grate the carrot. Sauté onion until translucent, then add bell bell pepper and carrot and fry for about 2 minutes. Then add tomato juice, fry for 1 – 2 minutes and set aside.
- Peel potatoes and cut into cubes. Cut white cabbage into strips. Fill saucepan with water, add potatoes, white cabbage and bay leaves and boil for about 7 minutes.
- Add the vegetables from the pan to the saucepan and cook the soup for 2-3 minutes, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Chop the herbs, add to the soup, cook for about 1 minute and remove from heat. Done!
Cooking vegan borscht without beets: tips and tricks
- Add spices to the soup according to your taste.
- The Russian soup without beets tastes even better the next day.
- Store the vegan soup in a saucepan with the lid on in the refrigerator. It will keep for about 1 week. Do not heat the whole soup in the saucepan before serving, but only the portion that will be eaten immediately afterwards. If you heat the whole pot of soup several times, it will spoil quickly.
- Serve the vegetarian borscht without beet warm with sour cream, fresh herbs and possibly bread.
Did you cook the vegetarian borscht without beets according to this recipe? I look forward to your results, your star rating and your comment on the recipe below about how you liked the soup.
Not enough of delicious Russian soups? Then try also:
Borscht without beets
- 150 ml tomato juice
- 720 g potatoes
- 250 g white cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 1 bell bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch of parsley or dill
- 3 dried bay leaves
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 l water
- Cut bell bell pepper into small cubes, grate carrot coarsely and chop onion.
- Fry onion in vegetable oil in a pan until translucent, add bell bell pepper and carrot and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add tomato juice, stir fry for another 1 - 2 minutes and then set the pan aside.
- Peel potatoes and cut them into cubes. Cut white cabbage into strips.
- Fill the saucepan with 2 l of water, add potatoes, white cabbage and bay leaves, bring to a boil and then simmer for about 7 minutes.
- Now add the vegetables from the pan and cook the soup for another 2 - 3 minutes, seasoning it with salt and pepper.
- Chop parsley or dill, add it to the soup, cook it for about 1 minute and take it off the stove.
- Use spices according to taste.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for cooking vegan borscht without beets at the top of the post.