Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
This applesauce cake without egg tastes incredibly moist, fluffy and soft. You can make it at home in no time and with few ingredients. The pound cake with applesauce is not only delicious, but also vegan. It is ideal as a quick dessert for tea or coffee – even for the guests who suddenly appear unexpectedly at the door. A detailed vegan applesauce cake recipe with exact quantities and step-by-step instructions can be found here at the very bottom.
Vegan applesauce cake without egg
For this applesauce cake you do not need an egg as a binder, because this role takes over the applesauce in the recipe. It loosens and binds the dough. Applesauce is a good egg substitute and especially suitable for moist cakes like this one. It makes the apple puree cake easy to cut, because it is not as tender and crumbly as other vegan cakes without egg, such as the vegan lemon cake or the vegan nut cake, which do completely without binders.
Moist pound cake with applesauce
Applesauce not only binds the vegan pound cake, it also ensures its special moisture. Because in the dough comes a generous portion of it, which makes the cake after baking moist, but at the same time fluffy. In addition, vegetable oil makes the vegan applesauce cake taste moist, so you should not reduce its amount in the recipe.
Especially aromatic thanks to cinnamon
Soft, moist, fluffy – what more could you want from a vegan pound cake?! That it’s aromatic and fills the kitchen with its irresistible scent, right? And that’s exactly what cinnamon, which the applesauce cake contains, provides. Depending on your taste, you can adjust its amount in the recipe as you like. Or if you don’t like cinnamon at all, you can leave it out.
Buy applesauce or make it yourself
I used ready-made organic applesauce without sugar from the supermarket for the recipe. If you have some with sugar at home that you want to use, you may want to reduce the amount of sugar for the cake. Of course, you can make applesauce yourself beforehand and then use it to make the moist pound cake.
Vegan apple puree cake in a loaf pan
You can bake the vegan applesauce cake without egg not only in a loaf pan, but also in any other baking pan. For example, you can use a round springform pan or a bundt pan. Increase the amount of ingredients in the recipe and make a large sheet cake. Note that, depending on the size of the baking pan, the baking time may vary.
I spread a few fresh apple slices on the vegan apple puree cake before baking and sprinkled them with cinnamon. After the cake had cooled, I sprinkled it lightly with powdered sugar. You can decorate it however you like. For example, a icing goes very well with it. Mix powdered sugar with a small amount of lemon juice to create a white, glossy glaze and cover the cooled applesauce cake with it.
This applesauce cake is
- incredibly delicious,
- vegan – without egg and other animal products,
- easy and quick to make with common ingredients,
- ideal for dessert with coffee or tea.
Applesauce cake vegan – quick recipe
The vegan applesauce cake is very easy and quick to make with a few common ingredients. To do this, mix all the ingredients together, pour the dough into the baking pan and wait for the pound cake to finish baking. Here you can get a rough idea of how the preparation works and what you need for the recipe. The exact quantities and step-by-step instructions you can follow to make the applesauce cake vegan can be found here below in the box recipe.
For the vegan apple puree cake you need
- first of all applesauce – homemade or bought,
- plant milk – I had soy milk,
- vegetable oil,
- baking powder and baking soda,
- cinnamon and vanilla.
Moist pound cake with applesauce: here’s how you make it (Check out the detailed recipe at the bottom.)
- You mix all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix the liquid ingredients in another bowl. Now combine the liquid and dry mixtures to make a thick dough.
- Pour the dough into a loaf pan greased with vegetable oil and dusted with flour and bake the cake at 180 °C for about 50 minutes. Done!
How to make applesauce cake vegan: tips and tricks
- You can use store-bought or homemade applesauce for the pound cake.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar to taste, depending on how sweet your applesauce is.
- You can adjust the amount of cinnamon or omit it completely.
- Instead of soy milk, you can use another plant milk, such as lupine, oat or almond milk.
- Do not stir the dough too long, but only briefly until a homogeneous consistency. Otherwise, your vegan apple puree cake without egg might taste firm instead of fluffy after baking.
- To bake the cake, you will need a loaf pan about 25 cm x 10 cm.
- Grease the loaf pan well and dust it with flour so that you can remove the cake from the pan after baking without any problems.
- Do not bake the applesauce cake longer than necessary, otherwise it may taste dry and not moist. To check if the pound cake is done baking, do a stick test. To do this, carefully poke a wooden skewer about halfway through the cake. If no dough remains stuck to the skewer after you pull it out, the cake can be taken out of the oven.
Did you make the applesauce cake vegan according to this recipe? I look forward to your result, your star rating and your comment here below, how you succeeded and tasted the pound cake with applesauce.
Got an appetite for more delicious vegan cakes? Try:
- Coconut cake vegan: moist coconut sponge cake with coconut milk
- Chocolate zucchini bread vegan – so moist and so chocolaty
- Orange poppy seed cake vegan – quick recipe for moist pound cake
Applesauce cake / apple puree cake vegan
- 25 cm x 10 cm loaf pan
- 150 g applesauce
- 130 ml soy milk
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 180 g sugar
- 300 g flour
- 9 g baking powder
- 4 g baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- vegetable oil to grease the baking pan
- flour for dusting the baking pan
for decorating (alternatively)
- 1/2 small apple (cut into thin slices)
- powdered sugar
- Grease the loaf pan with vegetable oil and dust with flour, tapping off the excess flour.
- Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix applesauce, soy milk, vegetable oil and vanilla.
- Add the liquid applesauce mixture to the dry flour mixture and mix just briefly to form a thick dough.
- Pour the dough into the loaf pan, spread apple slices on top and sprinkle a little cinnamon on top. Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 180 °C top and bottom heat for about 50 minutes.
- Let the vegan applesauce cake cool down in the loaf pan, then take it out and let it cool down completely. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar to taste, depending also on how sweet the applesauce is.
- You can adjust the amount of cinnamon to your liking or omit cinnamon completely.
- Instead of soy milk, you can use another plant milk.
- In no case stir the dough too long, but only briefly until a homogeneous consistency. Otherwise, the vegan applesauce cake might taste firm instead of fluffy after baking.
- Do not bake the apple puree cake longer than necessary, otherwise it might taste dry and not moist. Use a wooden skewer to check if it is done baking.
- Note the detailed tips and tricks for making the applesauce cake vegan at the top of the post.